challenging golf series

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: challenging golf series

Postby BruceWallace on Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:01 am

Mississippi wrote:
BruceWallace wrote:I will give it a shot tomorrow. I have been in the hospital the past few days. Golf is more fun.

Sorry to hear that Bruce, i hope the VA took good care of you while you were there, and i hope their beds were more comfortable than the ones in Jackson , Ms.

Thanks. The Minnesota VA is well known for being the best in the U.S., and they have been doing their best to keep me above ground.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:15 am

This series of events isa nice different challenge but I can see why not many have played this week's event at Forest Legend :shock: Not really a course suited to challenging
RoyHiggi

Postby Mississippi on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:34 am

RoyHiggi wrote:This series of events isa nice different challenge but I can see why not many have played this week's event at Forest Legend :shock: Not really a course suited to challenging

I agree Roy, and i set it it up. :roll:
It seems there are 2 Forest legend courses, one released in 2003 and then a re-release in 2004. I played my setup round with the 2004 version and shot -27 , i thought the course was going to give up the 1st -30 round of the series going into the week. I didn't notice until saturday when i went to shoot my 1st round and had to download the course that LSPN doesn't use the challenging friendly version of the course.
My apologies for the lack of use of the 4 inch space between my ears :idea: when i did the setup on this one.
Mississippi

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:01 am

Mississippi wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:This series of events isa nice different challenge but I can see why not many have played this week's event at Forest Legend :shock: Not really a course suited to challenging

I agree Roy, and i set it it up. :roll:
It seems there are 2 Forest legend courses, one released in 2003 and then a re-release in 2004. I played my setup round with the 2004 version and shot -27 , i thought the course was going to give up the 1st -30 round of the series going into the week. I didn't notice until saturday when i went to shoot my 1st round and had to download the course that LSPN doesn't use the challenging friendly version of the course.
My apologies for the lack of use of the 4 inch space between my ears :idea: when i did the setup on this one.

haha no problems :lol: As I said I enjoy the different event so keep em coming.

I thought I had finished but just realised I had round 4 to play :oops: I wish I hadnt :oops: OK till the 9th but that hole is a joke amongst jokers. The approach was almost perfect but rolled off and the 10 or so rolled off as well :evil: :twisted: . Basically if you don't chip in its either back at your feet or off the green the other side and that's even worse. Been a while since I had a 15!!
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:46 am

What on earth were those greens all about in round 3 at the Great White? :shock:
RoyHiggi

Postby Mississippi on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:59 am

Fast green felt rather slow eh? Took me about 8 holes to figure the speed out and had started a nice little run on the back until i played Tin Cup on 14. :lol:
With mixed green speeds, part time caddies and green-grids, plus never shooting from the same tees 2 rounds in a row, the challenging series will keep you on your toes and sharpen your all around links game.
Mississippi

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:26 am

Mississippi wrote:Fast green felt rather slow eh? Took me about 8 holes to figure the speed out and had started a nice little run on the back until i played Tin Cup on 14. :lol:
With mixed green speeds, part time caddies and green-grids, plus never shooting from the same tees 2 rounds in a row, the challenging series will keep you on your toes and sharpen your all around links game.

I never worked out the green speed at any time in that round :oops: I just got close enough often enough to smash it in. Twice it bounced out from the back of the cup and stopped an inch short but anything else wasn't reaching :twisted:

I thought about using a driver instead of a putter but decided that was too extreme :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby Mississippi on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
I never worked out the green speed at any time in that round :oops: I just got close enough often enough to smash it in. Twice it bounced out from the back of the cup and stopped an inch short but anything else wasn't reaching :twisted:

I thought about using a driver instead of a putter but decided that was too extreme :lol:

Must be age catching up with the skills Roy :wink: As of this posting your 25 putts ranked 4th of the 5 duffers who played the round. albatros with 21 putts leads the way.
Mississippi

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:33 am

Mississippi wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:

Must be age catching up with the skills Roy :wink: As of this posting your 25 putts ranked 4th of the 5 duffers who played the round. albatros with 21 putts leads the way.

You are probably right. I have obviously never played greens as slow as that with challenging involved and had no idea how they played. Early putts from 10 feet were stopping 3 feet short when I thought I was overhitting them :roll:
RoyHiggi

Postby Mississippi on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:35 am

I inadvertently hit the save button before i had completed the green settings for week 10 :oops: There is no editing allowed so .....week 10 will be a tad on the slow side :roll:
Mississippi

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Mississippi wrote:I inadvertently hit the save button before i had completed the green settings for week 10 :oops: There is no editing allowed so .....week 10 will be a tad on the slow side :roll:

I left a putt from 16 feet, 7 feet short and that gave me the clue just how slow they were in round 2 :oops:
RoyHiggi

Postby Mississippi on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:48 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
Mississippi wrote:I inadvertently hit the save button before i had completed the green settings for week 10 :oops: There is no editing allowed so .....week 10 will be a tad on the slow side :roll:

I left a putt from 16 feet, 7 feet short and that gave me the clue just how slow they were in round 2 :oops:

Still managed to birdie the hole i see :lol:
Mississippi

Postby Mississippi on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Sorry i was late with this week's event. Also it may be the last one for awhile, i see an Orthopedic doctor at the VA tomorrow for my right shoulder after an MRI i had done in feb showed i tore it up pretty good. If he decides to fix it it may be weeks before i can use a mouse again, if he don't....well i will be selling my golf clubs, my home gym and drowning myself in hard alcohol :lol:
Mississippi

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:39 am

Sorry to hear that M, here's hoping for good news and a quick recovery. :D
RoyHiggi

Postby Mississippi on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:28 am

Bad news on the shoulder, the doc says that arthritis has eaten the joint too badly to do anything other than shoulder replacement. Which i politely declined. So it appears that links and putt putt is the only golfing in my future.
Mississippi

Previous

Return to Talk About It