Pressure valve

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Pressure valve

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:45 pm

The Links developers really missed an opportunity. I don't know why they couldn't have built in an option for one keyboard button allowing you to toss your putter about 50 yds down the fairway (or into the nearest pond) when the need arose. It's not like you were going to hit anyone or lose your club. It would just magically appear in your bag on the next hole. For us clickers, there could even be a swing meter to vary the distance of the toss.
rwoodworkr

Re: Pressure valve

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:58 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:The Links developers really missed an opportunity. I don't know why they couldn't have built in an option for one keyboard button allowing you to toss your putter about 50 yds down the fairway (or into the nearest pond) when the need arose. It's not like you were going to hit anyone or lose your club. It would just magically appear in your bag on the next hole. For us clickers, there could even be a swing meter to vary the distance of the toss.

:lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby GoBucks on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:50 am

I used to play with a gentleman who gave this advice for club-throwing: throw the club side-arm and in the direction you're going to be going. The club will skip and you don't have to go back to get it.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:32 am

GoBucks wrote:I used to play with a gentleman who gave this advice for club-throwing: throw the club side-arm and in the direction you're going to be going. The club will skip and you don't have to go back to get it.

yes, and very good advice..........throw it FORWARDS !

my 'de-frustration method' was to fling it angrily straight up with both hands - UP and OVER my head BACKWARDS ! mouthing off as I did so ! you obtain more distance TOO if you release the wrists as you let go of it BACKWARDS over your head LOL !

trouble is, i would have to trudge BACK 200 yards to retrieve the club to the laughter of my playing partners :lol: :lol:

suddenly stopped doing it one day, when I turned to see it going backwards in the air ............heading straight for another golfer in the group behind. It honestly missed him by only 3 meters or so. COULD HAVE KILLED HIM !

I walked back to get the club, apologising as I did so LOL ! he said 'don't worry, I've been there, done that' !

from then on in i never threw a club, instead, wrapping it around the nearest b u s h or tree when the need arose !

yeesh I could have killed him :(
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby KunkleMan on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:11 am

Been there-----done that!! Really stupid. :oops:
KunkleMan

Return to Talk About It