What Annoys?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

What Annoys?

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:06 pm

I am sure we all get annoyed playing this game from time to time , hitting bad shots , missing makeable putts etc but what are the specific things that really get to you when it happens. Here's a few that are high on my list:
1) accidentally starting the swing meter :oops: A few times too often for me and always a disaster

2) you look at an approach or T shot and in your mind is " whatever you do don't go left ". and of course you hit left :evil:

3) Playing the wrong green speed and missing putts. Really bad when it takes a few holes to realise it.

4) Missing the snap on a simple dead straight putt ( over say 10 feet) and missing the putt.

5) Hitting the wrong side of the snap on a sand shot around a green. Always loses a shot.

6) Adjusting stance on a shot to add some distance. Then hitting though the green as you really should have addjusted the other way.

7) Hitting the perfect LW chip and watching the ball sail through the green as it was actually a pw chip!

8) On short distance chip shots but not getting out of the sand.

I wonder what additions some of you might have?
RoyHiggi

Re: What Annoys?

Postby Bloomy on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Reaching a par 5 in 2 shots then 3 putting :evil: :twisted: feels like a bogey !! :( :cry: makes me crazy !!
Bloomy

Postby pmgolf on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:24 pm

#1 Playing pretty well until I run into a side hill lie where I miss the first putt, hit the return putt a bit too firm, hit the next putt a bit too easy because of the last putt, too firm again next, and then take 2 more putts because I don't know whether to hit them firmly or not! The 6-putt curse!

#2 Playing a right-edge putt that breaks left, I aim just barely outside the right edge and then watch the putt roll straight right by the hole!

#3 After hitting shots with a good pace I encounter one where I need to squeeze just a little extra distance so I get a little fast on the forward part of the swing and hit a pull-shank (wild left pull shot)!

#4 Losing my swing timing, I start hitting drives around 250 and 15 to 20 yards short on approach shots.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby chrispy on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:58 pm

My biggest is thinking the caddy has given me a 5I so I have to take off 10 mtrs & then halfway through the swing I notice the caddys given me a 6I. That's when I think looking at the club the caddy has handed would be a good idea!
My greatest strength is my weakness
chrispy

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:13 pm

THE GAME......
The game !

PUTTING............

1. putts that stop right on the front edge < 1" gggrrrrrrrrr ! :x

2. Putts that go in and then JUMP OUT ggrrrrrrrrrr ! :cry:

and yes same as Roy........ "accidentally starting the swing meter :oops:" Done that a few times. So I can read the putting line better on left to right putts, i sometimes switch from putter to Driver, THEN as I hit the putt, notice I still have the BLOODY DRIVER ! i'll deliberately use my one-off freebie by immediately hitting reset on PC lol. If I haven't taken it before :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby GoBucks on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:32 am

1. Selecting the draw shot when I meant to play a fade. Then hitting the most perfect 12/6 snap that I have hit in all my years of playing!

2. Disagreeing with the caddy and being wrong.

3. Battling all round to be even par, which I was through 14. And then tripling 15.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby Harpo on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:19 am

1. Getting beat in a tourney from someone taking penalty strokes most of the time.

2. Getting beat in a tourney with narrow driving fairways by edge strokers. :evil:

3. Missing the snap on those str8 in putts.
Jim
Harpo

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:16 am

Watching my golfer (Freddie) fist pump when my approach shot lands 25 feet from the hole.
I used to respect the guy.
rwoodworkr

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:03 am

Four things that really get my blood boiling are:

1) Watching the ball sail over the green on a punched wedge shot when you meant to hit a flop wedge.

2) Hitting that perfect iron shot into the green and it actually goes in the hole only to have it bounce out some 30-35 yards away into a hazard.

3) According to the steps on the green, that right to left breaking putt that actually goes left to right.

4) Firm/Fast conditions. :lol: :lol:
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby tnbogeyman2 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:33 pm

When players intentionally take the 2 stroke penalty. Biggest cop out. Play thru your bad shot.
tnbogeyman2

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Bassmaster wrote:Four things that really get my blood boiling are:

1) Watching the ball sail over the green on a punched wedge shot when you meant to hit a flop wedge.

2) Hitting that perfect iron shot into the green and it actually goes in the hole only to have it bounce out some 30-35 yards away into a hazard.

3) According to the steps on the green, that right to left breaking putt that actually goes left to right.

4) Firm/Fast conditions. :lol: :lol:

Oh yes number 2. Had the bounce out but never into a hazard :shock:
RoyHiggi

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:26 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:Oh yes number 2. Had the bounce out but never into a hazard :shock:

LOL. I just had it happen on a par 5. My golfer "posed" after his second shot and I thought 'sweet', only to see it hit the cup and into the dry brush and woods.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby AJMatthews on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:11 am

Number 3. In all my years playing links I've never seen that happen. Does anyone have a saved shot so I can experience this anomaly? Thanks.
AJMatthews

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:51 am

AJMatthews wrote:3) According to the steps on the green, that right to left breaking putt that actually goes left to right.

Number 3. In all my years playing links I've never seen that happen. Does anyone have a saved shot so I can experience this anomaly? Thanks.

Does sound a bit fishy doesn't it! Dont count steps might be the answer to that one.

Just had a slightly freaky one playing Royal Melbourne. Tee shot plugged in the fairway! It was near a bunker but I checked on reverse replay and it just stopped dead in the short stuff. 171 yards from the pin! What club do you take from there?

I think I have seen this before playing Mesa Roja years ago but wasn't sure and had no clue what to play next so just hit a regulation 6 iron. It only went 70 yards!
RoyHiggi

Postby oregonguy on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:45 am

I hate having a brain freeze during a "gimmie" putt. As the needle goes past the snap, my finger stays in idle. I missed a 17 inch putt that way last week. :oops:
oregonguy

Next

Return to Talk About It