Pin Position Request Bountiful 2000

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Pin Position Request Bountiful 2000

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:44 pm

I'd like to request that we stop using pin position #1 and/or #4 on hole 18 at Bountiful 2000 regardless of conditions.

Attached is a picture of Bountiful hole 18. It's pretty clear that the extreme elevations/undulations in Links are far more extreme than the real course.

When using pin position 1# and/or #4, any missed putt from above the hole runs all the way down to the bottom or completely off the green... even with S(C)/S(C) conditions.

Just a request for next time. No greens keeper in his right mind would ever position a pin in those locations.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (83.25 KB) Viewed 3348 times
Capture-1.JPG
Capture-1.JPG (63.11 KB) Viewed 3364 times
GoesForIt

Re: Pin Position Request Bountiful 2000

Postby pmgolf on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:38 pm

When I went out to Salt Lake City in the 90's to visit Access Software I also went by Bountiful Ridge (Bountiful's real name) and played 9 holes (the other 9 was being aerated). None of the greens had severe breaks. It was a really beautiful course, though, and the deja vu feeling was incredible!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:58 pm

pmgolf wrote:When I went out to Salt Lake City in the 90's to visit Access Software I also went by Bountiful Ridge (Bountiful's real name) and played 9 holes (the other 9 was being aerated). None of the greens had severe breaks. It was a really beautiful course, though, and the deja vu feeling was incredible!

Pete

I can imagine Pete. I've always like to play the course in Links... and felt I'd like to play it IRL. It has some very interesting holes. I love #18 when the pin is right-front... and wasn't Access software there. I think it's sort of their home course... but not positive of that. I know Harbour Town is also one of the earliest.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 pm

pmgolf wrote:When I went out to Salt Lake City in the 90's to visit Access Software I also went by Bountiful Ridge (Bountiful's real name) and played 9 holes (the other 9 was being aerated). None of the greens had severe breaks. It was a really beautiful course, though, and the deja vu feeling was incredible!

Pete

One reason I play Carey Park Municipal from my home town is because it brings back so many memories. It's a very easy course in Links, but I feel a very good recreation.
GoesForIt

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:14 pm

GoesForIt wrote:... and wasn't Access software there. I think it's sort of their home course... but not positive of that. I know Harbour Town is also one of the earliest.

Harbour Town was Access's 'signature course'

386 is still fun :P to play. In the list also is Torrey Pines and Troon...........

386.jpg
386.jpg (136.59 KB) Viewed 3271 times

and my favourite.
HT.jpg
HT.jpg (155.18 KB) Viewed 3281 times
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Return to Talk About It