Fairway bunkers full shot

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Fairway bunkers full shot

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:23 pm

Never been able to figure it out and don't know that it isn't just randomization from the programmers.

I know, for a full shot you're supposed to hit the yellow bar right? Maybe it's Champ mode... maybe Pro is much more forgiving. But I simply cannot figure out the "sweet spot". Sometimes it seems like I've hit it square on and the ball barely clears the bunker. Other times the same snap will carry over the green.

Certainly in Champ mode, I avoid fairway or long bunker shots like the plague.

If anyone knows the secret, I'm all ears.
Attachments
FairwayBunker.jpg
FairwayBunker.jpg (82.01 KB) Viewed 2152 times
GoesForIt

Re: Fairway bunkers full shot

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Wish I could help but i am in the same boat. I just try to hit the spot and pray. I am fairly sure my best gairway bunker shors are when I hit the "wrong" snap. :o
RoyHiggi

Re: Fairway bunkers full shot

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:56 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:Wish I could help but i am in the same boat. I just try to hit the spot and pray. I am fairly sure my best gairway bunker shors are when I hit the "wrong" snap. :o

I did switch to my Pro player and experimented. If my snap was ANYWHERE on the yellow line, it was very consistent.

Hitting several shots with my Champ player, I swear what look like a perfectly centered snap on the yellow line still gave varying results.

Still, going to Pro would be completely unrealistic for me... probably 5-7 shots per round improvement if not more... especially missing the snap on putts... so forgiving in Pro mode.

Going Elite is an option, but I think I'd be looking around even par on decent courses... probably over par on tough courses like say Bethpage Black and other U. S. Open quality courses.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It