To Crowd or not to Crowd - that is the Question

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

To Crowd or not to Crowd - that is the Question

Postby MrChaucer on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Like many of us here, I have played a large percentage of my Links rounds without Crowds. I always liked the illusion of being out on a gorgeous course on a quiet afternoon, enjoying the game and the scenerry, perhaps sswearing occasionally after a bad shot, but essentially having a great time. Now I am playing with frequent crowds. Fine, I thought, I can adjust. But now I am not so sure. An incident occurred yesterday that has shaken my confidence. There was this young blonde woman in the crowd wearing tight white shorts. I wouldnt say she was plump, but she certainly wasnt emaciated. Just as I started my putt on #12, she suddenly turned and bent over apparently to tie a shoelace. The inevitable occured. The rending seam could be heard I'm sure on the next Tee. I missed the putt, not surprisingly, by about 10 feet. So now I am wary of crowds and I began to think. Why do we have crowns? Since there were no other golfers on the course - not even a playing partner, all these hundreds and hundreds of peoplle came to see ME! Why? I'm just a hacker. I don't remember ever seeing my name in the golf area of the Sports Section or on TV. There must have been an Admission charge. I'm the sole source of entertainment and I don't even get a cut? So, for me, I'd rather play my round in the peace of an UN-crowded course.

How about You? How so you feel about Crowds (my real resonn for the fantasy above)?
o I love crowds. I wish more tourneys had them
o Nope, much more pleasant withot them.
o Crowds, no crowds - who cares?

Anyway, your thots appreciated! :lol:
MrChaucer

Re: To Crowd or not to Crowd - that is the Question

Postby pmgolf on Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:20 pm

I favor both crowds and no crowds. They make no difference to me, but I almost always set up a no crowds round and two small crowds rounds in every tournament to try to satisfy the majority of players.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:02 pm

I don't mean to be vague or indecisive, but I'm ambivalent about crowds. I'm really torn as to whether I like them or not. You could say that I'm uncertain. Undecided is how I feel.
On the other hand, I don't really care one way or the other.
rwoodworkr

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:18 pm

MrChaucer wrote: There was this young blonde woman in the crowd wearing tight white shorts. I wouldnt say she was plump, but she certainly wasnt emaciated. Just as I started my putt on #12, she suddenly turned and bent over apparently to tie a shoelace.

i'm young enough to remember, but too OLD to remember WHY ! :lol: :lol:

crowds for me please especially with the Majors, major Tour championships, etcetera........but with the other weekly events, maybe just "every now and then".
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Budrick on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 pm

No crows.
Budrick

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:16 pm