other leagues

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

other leagues

Postby ds3224 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 am

howdy, since KISS went down, are there any other league's like that to play on? I liked the Stab. and Seniors and pga a lot and miss playing therm....Rich
ds3224

Re: other leagues

Postby pmgolf on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:04 am

I run the World Tour which has recently welcomed 8 or 9 of your fellow KISS Tour players, and features a handicapped 4-round weekly event (This week Pinehurst #2 Restoration). We also have the revived KISS Tour LWT 4-round weekly event of courses played by the PGA Tour (current event: BMW Championship at Oakmont 2010 - since we don't have Aronimink).

To join the World Tour, click on "Leagues" in the Menu line. Here you will find info on the Leagues (Tours like the KISS "Diehard" Tour, for example), what each League features, whether they use 2001 courses (mostly non-challenging conditions), 2003 courses (mostly challenging conditions) or a combination of both of them. Click on the League name and you will see a description of what they are about, upcoming events and people that play there. To become a part of that Tour, you either need to "APPLY" or "JOIN". If you "APPLY", the appropriate Tour Director will need to give you permission to join. You will need to join the League in order to see and play in all the Tournament events in that League, and to see the Forum for that League. You can join as many Leagues as you want.

************************************************************************************************************************
ds3224:
I just saw that you're already a member of the World Tour! So I guess you're looking for additional tours. Go into "Leagues" in the menu line as shown in the paragraph above this one, and click on the League name to see a description of what they are about, upcoming events and people that play there. To become a part of that Tour, you either need to "APPLY" or "JOIN". If you "APPLY", the appropriate Tour Director will need to give you permission to join.

Put a checkmark on "My Leagues" in the "Current Events Options List" of the Menu line's "Current Events" section (shown below) to see WRLD, WHDCP and wLWT events in the Links game's Online list.

http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11792&p=91857#p91853

*****************************************************************************************************************

I have already posted some information to get you started.

General information:
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11764#p91707

World Tour Events Not Showing in Links
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=11775

Establishing Handicap:
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=11767

Hope to see you in "The World Tour" soon!

Pete
World Tour director
pmgolf

Postby ds3224 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:15 pm

i applied a while back but no one responded to me. How do I join? Ricg
ds3224

Postby pmgolf on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:39 pm

My apologies, Rich! You're a member of the World Tour and you're eligible to play in the wLWT event (BMW Championship) and the 3 WRLD Handicap establishing tournaments (SetUp Handicap Part 1, SetUp Handicap 2 and SetUp Handicap 3). It takes 12 rounds to establish your handicap (LSPN rules).

In the 3rd section of the Forum, "Leagues", you will see the forum for "The World Tour". I put information there about all our tournaments, and special info to help all the former KISS Tour members.

Please visit all the posts I linked to in the second post of this thread. It will help you get up to speed. Of special importance is the "Put a checkmark on "My Leagues" in the "Current Events Options List" of the Menu line's "Current Events" section" one. Another is to select "Any" in the Skill Level of the Online Tournament list inside the Links game.

If anything doesn't work quite right put a post in our Forum or send me a PM to avoid getting frustrated. Every web site has it's quirks and I'll be glad to help you with them.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby ds3224 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:33 pm

OK,I played my 12 rds. How does the handicap show up? where are the tournys listed? rich
ds3224

Postby pmgolf on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Click on "Leagues" in the Menu line, and then click on "The World Tour". The World Tour League page will open. Scroll down to "HANDICAPS & FLIGHTS", find "ds3224" and double-click on it. That opens your Statistics page showing you the statistics you have generated for the 12 rounds you've played. You are a +6 handicap. In a handicap tournament, 6 strokes are added to your final scratch score to give you your Net score.

Scroll down to "SEASON STROKE STATS RANKINGS" to see more of your statistics.

To see the World Tour Handicap event in the menu item "Current Events", you must have made the selections in this link:
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11792&p=91857#p91853

To play in handicap tournaments, go into Links, select "Online", select "The Links Tour", and when the available tournaments are listed make sure you have set the "Skill Level" option to "Any". The "wHdcp" Tour event will be listed: "The World Championship" at "Whistling Straits HD". You can select it and play in it! And in another couple of weeks, the wLWT event will become a handicapped one, too.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding these things.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby ds3224 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:02 am

ok, thanks for your help; those are tough settings that I have never been very good at, but we will see....Rich
ds3224

Postby MrChaucer on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:50 am

ds3224 wrote:ok, thanks for your help; those are tough settings that I have never been very good at, but we will see....Rich

Yeah, but you're a tough guy - you can handle them!
MrChaucer

Postby ds3224 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm

:D :) :shock: :?:
ds3224

Return to Talk About It