Match play tourney??

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Match play tourney??

Postby dick_burt on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:18 am

Jerry Garlisch managed a match play tourney (CPU TOURNEY) at KISS TOURS b/4 his passing,
Against recorded AI's.
Sure would be nice to have such a tourney at LSPN! Probably attract more players, too.
Don't have the coconuts to set up such a tourney.
Thanks
D i c k Burt
dick_burt

Re: Match play tourney??

Postby pmgolf on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:26 am

Me either! It must've been a lot of work. He did a great job with it, too!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Ottobron on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:24 am

A CPU player tournament would really be what we dream about after the setups by late Jerry Garlisch at KISS Tours. :D

A 4 rounds match (stroke play) against animated CPU-champions !!!! 8) :P :roll:

Cheers
Otto
Ottobron

Postby Ottobron on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:58 am

And then ---- silence !!!!????? :oops: :evil: :mrgreen:
Ottobron

Postby pmgolf on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:18 am

As time permits, I plan on seeing if something like the CPU Tour is possible. I need to get the LWT up and running first. Setting up two tournaments a week is very taxing. If I determine that the CPU Tour is possible, someone else will have to set the tournaments up.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Ottobron on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:10 am

Hoping the best :lol:

I realise that there must be a lot of work to set up the tournaments, but hopefully there is a man/woman with the time etc. that could have pleasure in doing this :D :idea: :!:

Otto 8)
Ottobron

Postby Steve Sullivan on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 am

pmgolf wrote:As time permits, I plan on seeing if something like the CPU Tour is possible. I need to get the LWT up and running first. Setting up two tournaments a week is very taxing. If I determine that the CPU Tour is possible, someone else will have to set the tournaments up.

Pete

Pete

I think that is why most events on the European Tour have always been two round events :wink:
Steve Sullivan

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:09 am

I still miss Jerry. :|
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby MrChaucer on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:58 am

BruceWallace wrote:I still miss Jerry. :|

Yep, Bruce. a lot of us still miss him, too. We got to be good friends over a lot of years. He visited me twice, once when Barb was still avive, and I had a standing offer to visit in Florida, an offer I am sorry I never took him up on. Jerry had contacts outside of KISS. Mark remembers Jerry from Jerry's visit to Salt Lake City to talk to the guys developing our Grand Game of Links - such was Jerry's passion for the game. He loved setting new golf course hole difficulty ratings and lotsa desighners used him for that purpose. CPU was his special love and he ran it well, even after he stopped playing. Good Man! :)

re CPU - Anyone who would like to re-energize it here is welcome to do so. We have the invitation. If your are interested, please let me know and I can head you in the right direction. You will be able to get expert [NOT me, lol] help if needed.
MrChaucer

Return to Talk About It