the Millenium

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby ErnieB on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:31 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:I looked the other way when I call a peckerhead the first time considering the source that it came from but twice is starting to go to far.

You thought the first one was about you? True I was responding to your post, but did you really think I was referring to you or perhaps was I merely responding to your comment? Did you also miss the :lol: at the end?

Then you thought the second one was about you too?! A response directed solely toward those who impatiently want it all yesterday (like 2 yr olds demanding candy) and don't want to hear any excuses - are you like that too? I would have never considered it.

Finally, you look at the few "test" tours I set up to check courses for Warren, and because I'm not actively participating in the tours on (essentially) two BETA sites, that's dabbling? I guess playing in the OWGC, WireLS offline tour, KISS MOD, CPU, CPU Ryder Cup, and LWT, about 30 rounds every week doesnt count eh? I can only assume your entire post is just an attempt at trolling because I refuse to believe you're that thick.
ErnieB

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:04 pm

lest anyone be misdirected, this thread was supposed to be a celebration of the vast expansion of the lspn tour course list. the tour is now incorporating the greatest resource of the current links game: the deep repertoire of superb apcd course files that have never before been used in tour competition. you veteran guys can bust each other's testicles, but it's off topic, even if amusing. lw

________
Larry_Warrilow

Postby ErnieB on Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:32 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:lest anyone be misdirected, this thread was supposed to be a celebration of the vast expansion of the lspn tour course list. the tour is now incorporating the greatest resource of the current links game: the deep repertoire of superb apcd course files that have never before been used in tour competition. you veteran guys can bust each other's testicles, but it's off topic, even if amusing. lw

________

Course list? I thought this was the Curse List thread! :lol: Of course, you are correct again sir, this thread went off topic - on the first page. :roll: It wasn't enough the testicles busting was being "played out" at the test site, it had to be regurgitated here as well - perhaps the need for a greater audience was the overwhelming impetus, and yes, it takes more than one to keep it going - and I did. :wink:

Back to the course list, I think we've come to a point where separate lists will need to be maintained if v 2001 is to have continued support as there are quite a few courses which have 2001 and 2003 versions. What would be ideal is to have a separate dropdown menu of courses dependent on which version of the game you select (2k1, 2k3, or 2k3 MOD) when creating a tournament. Caveat - from having corresponded with Mark recently, I know he's been quite busy at work and has had little time to fiddle with LSPN. Any new changes, aside from Warrens adding of courses to the test site, may be awhile in coming. Whether this will be a temporary situation or not only Mark knows for sure.
ErnieB

Postby MasterMontgomery on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:03 pm

You thought the first one was about you? True I was responding to your post, but did you really
think I was referring to you or perhaps was I merely responding to your comment? Did you also miss the at the end?

Then you thought the second one was about you too?! A response directed solely toward those who impatiently want it all yesterday (like 2 yr olds demanding candy) and don't want to hear any excuses - are you like that too? I would have never considered it.

Finally, you look at the few "test" tours I set up to check courses for Warren, and because I'm not actively participating in the tours on (essentially) two BETA sites, that's dabbling? I guess playing in the OWGC, WireLS offline tour, KISS MOD, CPU, CPU Ryder Cup, and LWT, about 30 rounds every week doesnt count eh? I can only assume your entire post is just an attempt at trolling because I refuse to believe you're that thick.

Ernie im confused, What are you saying about Jim?
:?: :?

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:22 pm

there are many fine 2k1 files suitable for 2k1 tour play that have never been used on the tour. but these files have to be carefully designated, because 2k3 files tend to dominate the current course list. this 2k1 tour file separation shouldn't be that big a deal, and should be a project of the 2k1 players if they want their game variant to continue. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Previous

Return to Talk About It