the Millenium

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Tresclub on Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:07 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:andy, you are correct, it seems that only the files added up til 5 feb actually appear on the tour course file list. warren may need to be advised. lw

LW, I just checked, and the list is up thru Feb 19th. Gonna be adding some more later today. Appears some caches need to be cleaned out. :wink:
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:15 am

warren, having checked the course files available when creating an event for the arcade, no file after 5 feb is on the list. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:09 pm

after some thought, it may be that there are now two separate course lists. this site, and the newer test site. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:40 pm

oh no. sounds like mark better be able to merge the course databases, or warren's gonna require some o.t.
terrell

Postby txTarHeel on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:14 pm

terrell wrote:oh no. sounds like mark better be able to merge the course databases, or warren's gonna require some o.t.

Does he get paid time-and-a-half for overtime? :D
txTarHeel

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:08 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:after some thought, it may be that there are now two separate course lists. this site, and the newer test site. lw

You are correct sir. 8)
HTP_ErnieB

Postby Tresclub on Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:48 pm

txTarHeel wrote:
terrell wrote:oh no. sounds like mark better be able to merge the course databases, or warren's gonna require some o.t.

Does he get paid time-and-a-half for overtime? :D

:D :) 8)
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Tresclub on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:18 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:after some thought, it may be that there are now two separate course lists. this site, and the newer test site. lw

That is correct. The courses I add, only go on the list over on the Test Site. > > > http://test.lspn.net/
Tresclub

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:28 am

terrell wrote:my only hope is we don't succumb to sites that peddle their memberships in return for courses.

http://lstour.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1022

Recommence whining at your leisure. Image
HTP_ErnieB

Postby CoolHandAndy on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:15 am

OK ...now Im lost.....(ok I was before a little too)

I just came here to LSPN a week ago...and was not even aware that there was another test site...until these posts...

All those courses are available on that site..... when do they get moved here

Also, when creating an event at the test site.....will this event will be seen here also...

Any insight would help ....thx
"Some people ya just can't reach"
CoolHandAndy

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:28 am

CoolHandAndy wrote:OK ...now Im lost.....(ok I was before a little too)

I just came here to LSPN a week ago...and was not even aware that there was another test site...until these posts...

Also, when creating an event at the test site.....will this event will be seen here also...

Hey Andy...when Mark is finished tweaking everything, most features on the test site will be brought here, including the new courses .He didn't want to fool around with this one until he worked out some bugs.

They are 2 totally different sites...Games made up there are not shown here and visa versa(spelling?...Grammatically correct?)

Hope this helps......I've been here since birth it seems ( mine, not the sites)Any other info I can pass along, skype me and I'll fill ya in

Murray
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby ErnieB on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:59 pm

CoolHandAndy wrote:OK ...now Im lost.....(ok I was before a little too)

Welcome back (belated) Andy!

Go to this sites home page. Under News, there is a link named "The Test Site is up". Go to the test site, bookmark it, and before you do anything else, click the "Getting Started" tab at the top of the page. Scroll down a little and you'll see two links, named "run this file". To make things simple and because I am lazy, I instead right-clicked each link and saved them to my desktop - they will be named LSPN_Test_Site.exe and LSPN_Main_Site.exe. To edit your regiustry to point to the test site, double-click the LSPN_Test_Site.exe file. To set it back to the main site, well, I know you get it. 8)

After saving those two files, you'll need to register to the test site, same procedure as registering here. Again, I am a lazy person so I signed up with the same information (username, password, e-mail addy, etc) as I did for this site.

Now you too can switch back and forth with less effort than it takes to get out of a fairway bunker :lol:

It may be a little longer than most people will want to know about before this site is updated. Mark has a real life (shocking a thought as that might be) and since running LSPN doesn't put food on the table, it's not to hard to figure out (well, except for a few peckerheads heheh) what his priorities are right now. So, if you want to play all these wonderful courses Warren is adding to the tour queue, best come over to the test site as this one is going nowhere at the moment.
ErnieB

Postby Harpo on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:45 pm

ErnieB wrote:
It may be a little longer than most people will want to know about before this site is updated. Mark has a real life (shocking a thought as that might be) and since running LSPN doesn't put food on the table, it's not to hard to figure out (well, except for a few peckerheads heheh) what his priorities are right now. So, if you want to play all these wonderful courses Warren is adding to the tour queue, best come over to the test site as this one is going nowhere at the moment.

ErnieB wrote:
JimArmstrong wrote:Edit #1: Ooops, my mistake, you have to click on the choice that says "All Offsite courses (Free)". Ha ha, too funny. They still got it wrong.

It is what peckerheads believe. :lol:

I looked the other way when I call a peckerhead the first time considering the source that it came from but twice is starting to go to far. Time to come down off the high horse you think you are on Mr. B. You think since you started playing the "MOD" now that you are one step above the rest of the so called "gamers" here.

ErnieB wrote:
JimArmstrong wrote:I believe now you can play v1.06 with an extra club.

I have no doubt there are plenty of "gamers" taking advantage of this glitch. I am also confident there are very few "gamers" who do more than occasionally dabble with the MOD and in the tournaments I am actively participating, I am equally confident nobody is doing this. Ergo, another in a growing list of reasons why I've all but abandoned v1.05 - the "gamers" golf sim. :lol:

When I looked at this thread the first time there were only 10 tournies on both sites that were MOD. You were in 3 and one you had abondon (course problems I assume). I would call this just a little dabbling in the MOD yourself. I can guess what the first reason on your ongoing list would be. I can now finish in the top 10 of a field of 4 or 5 players.

Jim
Harpo

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:23 pm

What's wrong.........you don't like a 100 line response that answers none of the original questions?? :wink:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:16 am

actually, 68 new courses are on the tour course list on this site, which are all those added thru 5 feb. it would be nice to have the rest here too, but we're not likely to run out of great new venues to use for arcade events anytime soon. warren is doing a great job on this project, and the tour course list cornucopia just keeps getting fuller and better. lw
Larry_Warrilow

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It