Withdrawal

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Withdrawal

Postby Trapiche4 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:06 am

After 9 years of playing almost every day, I'm very frustrated.
Any techies or folks with a good memory please see this thread in the tech forum:
http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1156

Thanks!
Trapiche4

Postby terrell on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:24 am

i'm in the same boat with freefaller. i remember peeps over the years claiming unrealistic distances, but i've always chalked it up to them not understanding downhill lies, etc.

provided you've deleted your player(s), and recreated a new player:

the only solution is to reinstall, there isn't going to be any magic button or setting within links (except going to options|players and resetting club distances to default). i think what i would do, uninstall links, and then manually wipe the registry of any entries containing links 2003. then reinstall.

if you downloaded links (you don't have a cd), i'd delete the downloaded copy and redownload it. entirely possible a corrupted copy could cause such thing, but i doubt it.

that's all i got. you're in rarified air most of us have simply never experienced.

edit: good move moving this to the lobby. i saw your tech posts, but had nothing to offer beyond free's comments. normally, i wouldn't have looked at this lobby post, but i recognized your nom de plume.
terrell

Postby Armand on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:51 am

For your sake, Trapiche4, I can only hope the distances are consistently different. If so, just pretend you bought new clubs and have to adjust to their distances. Sorry, I can't be of any real help.

Hmmm ... wait a second ... wasn't there something a year or two ago about the setup of irons? If you did or didn't do something, the loft in the shot setup would creep up or down one notch each time the club was used?? I'd suggest checking your club set up on every club and try to reset them. This may take a few holes to do so, but hopefully it helps.

Armand
Armand

Postby Trapiche4 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:12 pm

Thanks Armand and everyone for your help.
I've tried everything I could think of and all suggestions. The best I can do is set my irons all the way "forward". They still go a bit long but I can get used to that. But I have to set each iron back to default off the tee.

Craziest thing!
Trapiche4

Postby Harpo on Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:10 pm

You didn't buy any new clubs from a guy named ART did you? :shock:
Jim
Harpo

Postby BruceWallace on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:41 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:You didn't buy any new clubs from a guy named ART did you? :shock:

LOLOL! I wonder what Mr. Spinella is doing these days. :)
BruceWallace

Postby frislev on Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:00 pm

I had the same problem 2 or 3 years ago. hit a 5w 300m+. I bought pc and the problem went away. I never found out what the problem was.
frislev

Postby Trapiche4 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:06 pm

frislev wrote:I had the same problem 2 or 3 years ago. hit a 5w 300m+. I bought pc and the problem went away. I never found out what the problem was.

Crazy thing. Happened 9 days ago and I've tried everything that's been suggested and some other things, but problem persists. Clubs go default distances off tee and default is ok on the greens, but otherwise all clubs are loooong.
Bought a new PC about 9 months ago and the game had run perfectly til this came up.

So I'm basically trying to learn how to play with these "new clubs".
Trapiche4

Postby terrell on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:26 pm

that's very odd, trapiche4. have you tried a clean boot (xp?)? there's gotta be something conflicting with links to cause the distances to be messed up. a clean boot would eliminate everything but windows stuff. then start links with links 2003 safe mode. that will start links with its most basic graphics settings.
terrell

Postby Trapiche4 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:40 pm

terrell wrote:that's very odd, trapiche4. have you tried a clean boot (xp?)? there's gotta be something conflicting with links to cause the distances to be messed up. a clean boot would eliminate everything but windows stuff. then start links with links 2003 safe mode. that will start links with its most basic graphics settings.

Thanks terrell, but I tried that when you suggested it previously and even after a clean boot I had the same problem even when I started Links in Safe Mode.

I know it doesn't make sense, but after 9 years I know how long each club should hit. Probably sounds like I messed up the club settings or don't know the affect of downhill lies, but believe me that's not the case.

Thanks again for your ideas. I'm re-learning my "new clubs" and hoping that one day it will go away as fast as it came!
Trapiche4

Postby Pappy on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:44 pm

I wonder what would happen if you played live online with someone. Who knows..... Would they still go long. I would like to see that lol.
Pappy (Pete)
Pappy

Return to Talk About It