Scoring glitch to report.

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:27 am

free, the luck would be in having a very reliable ISP and electric power grid. just these two factors alone vary greatly worldwide. if some players are getting [censored] out to dry from time to time playing online, offline is much safer. i have the exact experience you've had, except i've been playing offline: one lost tour game since november of '98. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:31 am

(lol) new word the Cbot can't [censored]: h u n g. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:33 am

(LOL) another Cbot special: s w a l l o w. i know what's next: lw. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Freefaller on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:53 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:free, the luck would be in having a very reliable ISP and electric power grid. just these two factors alone vary greatly worldwide.

LOL Larry then I've been very lucky, two different computers and four moves, 3 to different cities in Canada and one to Germany (though my village has DSL, some of my friends in other villages still have to use dialup)

Good point about the power outages tho, have had a few of those. But then the game gives you a resume option when you log back on and you just carry on.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:10 am

free, whatever the cause of a player losing connectivity with the server when playing online, the experience around here over some years has been that when they start playing offline, they stop losing tour rounds. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Freefaller on Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:51 am

Your probably right larry, I guess I just like finding out how to fix a problem instead of going for a workaround. Anyway did anyone ever tell Macflush how to play offline?
Freefaller

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:05 am

free, while a real fix is always an optimal case, given the vast variety of machines, modems, and other sources of problems, any specific solution for a chronic server connectivity problem may well be a drop in the bucket. thus, afflicted players will have to continue to choose between online risk, and offline safety. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Freefaller on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:29 am

Macflush, there seems to be a fair explanation of how to play offline in this thread

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... ht=offline
Freefaller

Postby Macflush on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:35 am

Thank you for the advises. I will pray for it works. If no, i shall continue playing real golf :P
Macflush

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:01 pm

mac, when you get to the links tour event window you will see at the right hand bottom of the screen a button that says "game settings". there will be an option that says "offline play". click on that, and you will then always be disconnected from the net and the server right before you tee off.

after your round, you have to reconnect with the net (and the server) before you can report your score. that means alt/tab ing out of the game before finishing, or after looking at your scorecard and stats(my way) which involves clicking through a few odd windows, after which you wind up at the links title page. there you alt/tab out to the desktop, reconnect with the net, log in, and you will get a message that asks if you want to submit stats. this method pretty much guarantees that your round will be recorded. (you do not under any circumstances exit the game during this procedure)

this method may sound off the wall, but it's pretty simple (and safe) once you get the hang of it. lw

Postby mercedes on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:00 am

My last 7 rounds have now been played "offline" and scores have transfered correctly. Been working great and actaully you can play much faster. :D

Hey Murray, I saw you mentioned Cooper (I thought you meant CoopersPaleAle) in a post. I haven't seen his name on any of the leaderboards? Is he still playing or under a different name?

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:47 pm

mercedes wrote:My last 7 rounds have now been played "offline" and scores have transfered correctly. Been working great and actaully you can play much faster. :D

Hey Murray, I saw you mentioned Cooper (I thought you meant CoopersPaleAle) in a post. I haven't seen his name on any of the leaderboards? Is he still playing or under a different name?

Scott

The new guy I'm now chasing (and passing the odd time) is Hahn Light......aka Tom.....aka Cooperspaleale
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Macflush on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:13 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:mac, when you get to the links tour event window you will see at the right hand bottom of the screen a button that says "game settings". there will be an option that says "offline play". click on that, and you will then always be disconnected from the net and the server right before you tee off.

after your round, you have to reconnect with the net (and the server) before you can report your score. that means alt/tab ing out of the game before finishing, or after looking at your scorecard and stats(my way) which involves clicking through a few odd windows, after which you wind up at the links title page. there you alt/tab out to the desktop, reconnect with the net, log in, and you will get a message that asks if you want to submit stats. this method pretty much guarantees that your round will be recorded. (you do not under any circumstances exit the game during this procedure)

this method may sound off the wall, but it's pretty simple (and safe) once you get the hang of it. lw

My computer is always online on the net by wifi. I click on the button offline play. It works for the first round without alt/tab but it doesnt works for the second round with a beautifull score of -16 :P . I have the message that asks if i want to submit stats but it doesnt works :( Do i before reconnect click on the button online play?
Macflush

Postby Macflush on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:22 pm

Still one, I've just seen on the leaderboard that my second round (and scores) has been recorded but when i see the links tour ADATB, there is no green flag saying that the second round was completed? :roll:
Macflush

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:30 pm

Macflush wrote:
Larry_Warrilow wrote:mac, when you get to the links tour event window you will see at the right hand bottom of the screen a button that says "game settings". there will be an option that says "offline play". click on that, and you will then always be disconnected from the net and the server right before you tee off.

My computer is always online on the net by wifi. I click on the button offline play. It works for the first round without alt/tab but it doesnt works for the second round with a beautifull score of -16 :P . I have the message that asks if i want to submit stats but it doesnt works :( Do i before reconnect click on the button online play?

My system is always online too......when clicking Offline play and then firing up links, after the course loads I get a message...."You have chosen to play offline, however the links tour was unable to disconnect you from the internet, if you still want to play offline,you can press alt-tab and disconnect at this time"

I have NEVER alt-tabbed anything and yet I'm now offline.I just hit ok and play my round, at the end it says something about waiting for links to connect to game server to submit your score.....5- 15 secs later is says stats submitted successfully.

When done I fire up another round and start with the same message at the beginning of the next round.

Short story long......While it says you need to alt-tab to disconnect, you are offline by hitting ok....Witnessed by the fact you do not have access to an updated leaderboard when you start to play.

Clear as mud.......Hope this helps

Murray
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It