Scoring glitch to report.

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Dave_L on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:38 pm

I joined up 2 days ago, and I've just played my very first event - I used the Devil's Island one rounder from the Arcade section.

I played offline, and after reconnecting as advised at the end of the round (I read this thread before playing), I tried to submit the results half a dozen times, each time Links telling me there was a problem.

I've just checked the event scoreboard, and, sure enough, there I am!

(Okay, right at the bottom, but I knew that would happen! :) )

I'm a little loathe to try a multi-rounder though if this glitch will dq me from the subsequent rounds.

Hopefully this will be a one off. I have to go to a conference next week :cry: - but I might have time at the end of the week to try a multi-round event and see what happens.
Dave_L

Postby terrell on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:14 pm

dave, don't even worry about it. we're in kinduva beta mode right now, no stats are being kept. play one round, play one round of every tournament. i don't think it makes much difference, other than you'll gain some good experience.

very soon mark hulka (our supreme being) will be moving the test site stuff to the main site. transferring stats at the end of a round has been infinitely quicker at the test site. so get your practice in now. you'll be good to go when the real tour starts. and welcome.
terrell

Postby Dave_L on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:20 pm

Thanks for the welcome Terrell.

I only re-installed Links last week after a year's break - so I need all the practice I can get! :)
Dave_L

Postby Westview on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:31 pm

Yes it looks like the test site has bandwidth priority right now. Looking forward to a familliar Tour, complete with Flights, Rankings, and a regular Season.

Haven't heard much from Mark lately, but I'm sure he'll post some news shortly. I guess he is still enjoying his honeymoon. lol
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby mercedes on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:05 pm

Thanks Murray. I was wondering what happened to our friend down under. Been playing more CHAMP lately but still manage a good round of darts on AMMY once in awhile. You are right on with the message that appears when playing offline. I have had no problems since and all scores are transfered perfect!!!! :D
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:18 pm

mercedes wrote:Thanks Murray. I was wondering what happened to our friend down under. Been playing more CHAMP lately but still manage a good round of darts on AMMY once in awhile. You are right on with the message that appears when playing offline. I have had no problems since and all scores are transfered perfect!!!! :D

Tom's been playing for a couple of months under the new name, playing well I might add, always at the top or closely behind me or Steve (Ibhackin)I play Champ a fair amount, not hear but with a Friend H2H...using skype.

If ya want to challenge yourself play champ at Pine forest Hills (trying to figure out what a 82 yrd drop in elevation will do can be entertaining) or Mountain Creek ,Firm Fast with a bit of wind. No fun by your lonesome but a great time H2H.

Gave the Mod a try but after 3 or 4 rounds I didn't see anything more realistic or harder, just different
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby terrell on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:59 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:Gave the Mod a try but after 3 or 4 rounds I didn't see anything more realistic or harder, just different

at the risk of getting the ol' mod debate going...again, i like it. the mod mirrors my irl game because i hit moonshots off the tee, then the fun begins. i've easily been averaging 35 putts, whereas with v1.05, i average around 25.

no one i usually play is the least bit intimidated by being outdriven 100 yards. they know they'll make it up on the backend. just like the mod. (8
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:21 am

as i am still a dialup dinosaur, i keep forgetting that many (or maybe most) players are now broadband, and thus the offline procedures are somewhat different (but apparently easier). the main thing is that when the offline option is chosen, the links game will be intentionally disconnected from the server at the start of a round, and will not be subject to connectivity problems until you reconnect, eliminating 99% of your exposure to a connectivity deQ.

no matter what nasty windows you get after reporting stats, the only thing that counts is if your complete 18 hole score appears on the leaderboard. sometimes that little "completed round" pip doesn't show up next to a round at the tour event menu window, but that stuff happens all the time, and it doesn't mean anything.

if your score shows up on the leaderboard as a completed round, you're still alive no matter what frightening windows you got when submitting. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Previous

Return to Talk About It