Scoring glitch to report.

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Scoring glitch to report.

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:44 pm

Not a real complaint, but reporting a glitch. I played the first round of the L. A. Open (Riviera). It said something was wrong, my score wasn't set in but it would be next time I logged in. I logged in again and it asked me if I wanted to submit that old score. I said yes. It came back and told me it couldn't submit.

When I looked at the tournament scoreboard, it said I'd completed the first round with -8 which is correct, BUT, the green icon was not by the round when I started to play the second round.

When I started to play the second round, it timed out and basically ended up locking up. When I went in again, it took me to the third round which I played and the score went in okay. When I returned from the round, there were 3 green icons indicating I'd played rounds 1-3. In fact, I'd only played rounds 1 and 3.

I played round 4 without incident.

When I look at the scoreboard on the web site, it shows exactly what I did play with scores for rounds 1, 3 and 4.
GoesForIt

Postby mercedes on Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:28 am

I had some funky stuff going on with that same tourney. Crashed during Rd 3 right after finished 18 and tried to submit scores. Then I had to cancel out, which stated I would DQ'd. I did it just to get the heck out. When I logged back on next time, it gives me the message "Links has detected your last game crashed.." and it allowed me to post the stats and play Rd 4 even though it said I was DQ'd. Maybe it's just that tourney, but I have had some issues with "crashes" lately.

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby lstucz on Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:26 pm

I've experienced similar problems the last couple rounds and tourneys where I have been competing, too.
Lou
lstucz

Postby Westview on Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:25 pm

I had a similar problem today playing HTS Pro tourney. I birdied 12th hole, but did not upload it. Just hanged for awhile then skipped to next hole without crediting me for the birdie.Image

When I finished the 18th, then it uploaded everything correctly and score looked ok.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby lstucz on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:54 pm

In Ammy, Please Warm Up, it shows my correct score and finishing the round, yet when I went to start round two it said I had been disqualified. That was after supposedly having trouble downloading the final score at the end of the first round.
Lou
lstucz

Postby Justin_I on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:14 am

Same here, it is like the connection is timing out but only sometimes, server very busy maybe?
Justin_I

Postby mercedes on Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:41 am

I agree, seems to be a connectivity problem? ANy help out there from our more technically oriented posters?

Scott
mercedes

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:21 am

who is playing online and who is playing offline? online guys have to take their chances if they get a non submit message, and it's bad news most of the time. offline players, if they haven't exited the game after their round, can almost always submit stats successfully, even if the pip next to the round doesn't show up, or other dire messages pop up. usually the stats go through, and if those stats show up on the leaderboard, that is what counts. offline play may be inelegant, but it is very safe when it comes to successfully submitting scores. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Macflush on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:53 pm

I have each time the same problem of connection when i played online (2 tournaments and 2 times disqualified) :evil: . Is it possible to play offline and after send the results?
Macflush

Postby Freefaller on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Macflush wrote:I have each time the same problem of connection when i played online (2 tournaments and 2 times disqualified) :evil: . Is it possible to play offline and after send the results?

Although not necessary if your computer is set up properly, yes there is.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:13 pm

Freefaller wrote:
Macflush wrote:I have each time the same problem of connection when i played online (2 tournaments and 2 times disqualified) :evil: . Is it possible to play offline and after send the results?

Although not necessary if your computer is set up properly, yes there is.

Setting up the pc has little to do with it....mine's set up fine but once in a blue moon, if playing online, it sits there and hangs before going to the next hole. At this time I know i've lost the server.

I took lw's advice and have been playing off line for months :D
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby mercedes on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:22 pm

Thanks Larry and Murray. I have tried offline and the only thing that scared me was the "messsages" Larry spoke of, but the scores do seem to report. I get that same feeling when I see that "delay" online and I just know I'm toast then!! Thanks for the posts. :)

Scott
mercedes

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:42 pm

mercedes wrote:Thanks Larry and Murray. I have tried offline and the only thing that scared me was the "messsages" Larry spoke of, but the scores do seem to report. I get that same feeling when I see that "delay" online and I just know I'm toast then!! Thanks for the posts. :)

Scott

Hope all goes well....not fool proof but way more consistant than online..I've seen in many tournys where someone somehow managed to miss the 2nd or 3rd round.

I had it happen once, don't remember how, but I never bothered to try and finish the other ones....It's hard enough to beat Coopers when getting in all 4 :oops:

tryandtyoneon

Postby Freefaller on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:06 pm

Guess I've been lucky these past 6? yrs
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Freefaller wrote:Guess I've been lucky these past 6? yrs

I never had a single problem playing online at the lstour.......but came here and ...poof....every 10th round or so....so it's offline for this cowboy

tryandtyoneon

Next

Return to Talk About It