Midnight GC Images

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Midnight GC Images

Postby Westview on Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:14 am

I was playing Midnight GC course today, and stumbled across this image about 30yds from the green. When you approach it, you can hear the crackling sound of the bonfire. When you get closer, you hear a blood curdling scream and the creaking noise of a door closing then slamming shut. :shock:

Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby garfran on Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:57 pm

Brilliant!!!
garfran

Postby RR_Desperado on Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:01 pm

Midnight GC has a lot of surprises hidden off the course. Problem is , the studs rarely see any of them as you have to have a shakey snap to see more of them, LOL.
RR_Desperado

Postby AZWilly on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:59 am

scariest for me...that spectre that pops up around the course (rocks/bushes) at brydestone
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby garfran on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:26 pm

BTW, how do you get to save the screen shots from Links? I seem to remember from my Info Tech course in 1998, something about using the "Print Scrn" key while holding down another key. Have tried Cntrl and a few others, but without any success.
garfran

Postby Westview on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:42 pm

Using "Shift" + "Prtscn" key copies the desktop image to the clipboard. You can then paste the image to a Microsoft Word document.

In this case, I used a Screen Capture program I downloaded for free as shareware to create a .jpg file of the screen image.

Crissy helped me with the code to actually post the image here, but I could only get the full image, not the thumbnail. :oops:

I may need some tutoring Lol!
Crissy...do you take Canadian Tire money? I need some help! :D
Westview

Postby AZWilly on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:16 pm

ok, I apologize profusely for not remembering the author :oops: ... but anyway here goes
"you do not need any programs to capture screens in Links.
you can use Ctrl+F10 for a .jpg, and Alt+F10 for a bit map.
this will deposit the images in your Links 2003 folder.
you may capture what is on your screen at anytime merely by using the Print Screen key.
this will copy your screen to the clipboard, and Ctrl+V will paste it into your graphics program.
these images can all be edited for size and quality in your graphics editor."
Hope this helps :?
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby RR_Desperado on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:22 pm

Everyone does it a little differently. I hit PrtScn key, then any time later, open paint and click edit and paste and there it is . Another handy little tool is the Image resizer powertoy for xp that can be downloaded from micrsoft for free. It has a custom button that opens to a twin dropdown where you simply type in the pixel width and heighth you want and presto, done! The resized copy will be with your original and it adds (custom) to the image name.
The beauty of using this method is, you can make an image of anything on your screen. Ever get an error message and ask yourself, "What the H is that about?" Well make a image of it with PrtScn and you can then send it to someone or anyone who light be able to enlighten you.., or post it on a board for Terrel, LMRRAO !!!
RR_Desperado

Postby KCJammer on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:37 pm

RR_Desperado wrote:Ever get an error message and ask yourself, "What the H is that about?" Well make a image of it with PrtScn and you can then send it to someone or anyone who light be able to enlighten you.., or post it on a board for Terrel, LMRRAO !!!

Barry, I know exactly what you're talking about ...

Why, just the other day ...

KCJammer

Postby Crissy on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:47 pm

Westview wrote:Using "Shift" + "Prtscn" key copies the desktop image to the clipboard. You can then paste the image to a Microsoft Word document.

In this case, I used a Screen Capture program I downloaded for free as shareware to create a .jpg file of the screen image.

Crissy helped me with the code to actually post the image here, but I could only get the full image, not the thumbnail. :oops:

I may need some tutoring Lol!
Crissy...do you take Canadian Tire money? I need some help! :D

Your welcome to use my photo program Westview, this is my own I installed it myself. Anyone here is welcome to use it. It will create thumbs automatically and you just upload your photo and copy and paste the bbcode line into your post. Here is a link.

Photo Uploads

It will look like this.

Click to enlarge

And the code would look like this.

Code: Select all
[URL=http://www.win-dep.com/Simploder/viewer.php?id=4891SPXImage002.jpg][IMG]http://www.win-dep.com/Simploder/thumbs/4891SPXImage002.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Nice photo by the way, I never saw that before.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby Westview on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:39 pm

Thanks Crissy, that's very kind of you.
Westview

Postby Crissy on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:37 pm

Westview wrote:Thanks Crissy, that's very kind of you.

Your very welcome, I have lots of space and bandwidth so use it as you like.

Crissy
Crissy

Re: Midnight GC Images

Postby canuck on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:41 pm

Westview wrote:I was playing Midnight GC course today, and stumbled across this image about 30yds from the green. When you approach it, you can hear the crackling sound of the bonfire. When you get closer, you hear a blood curdling scream and the creaking noise of a door closing then slamming shut. :shock:

I thought thats where Terrell lived ! :mrgreen:

chris
canuck

Postby terrell on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:08 pm

my house does have cedar siding, so it's not too far off. (8
terrell

Postby FixAmer1st on Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:22 pm

RR_Desperado wrote:Another handy little tool is the Image resizer powertoy for xp that can be downloaded from micrsoft for free. It has a custom button that opens to a twin dropdown where you simply type in the pixel width and heighth you want and presto, done! The resized copy will be with your original and it adds (custom) to the image name.

Really not needed RR. Since you already are in Paint just use the Image - Stretch/Skew or Attributes options and you can do it right there.

The Stretch/Skew will change the size relation or you can us the same value, say 50% for both, and you will keep the height/width relationship the same.

The Attributes Option will let you set the hight/width size in pixels.

Jerry
My apologies for plagiarizing Mel Brooks but "It’s GOOD to Play Links!"
FixAmer1st

Next

Return to Talk About It