Where to get LS conversion files

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Where to get LS conversion files

Postby garfran on Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Wondering if anyone may be able to help me to obtain the LS conversion file for Pebble Beach Golf Links and possibly some others.
garfran

Postby HammaH on Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:20 pm

HammaH

Postby garfran on Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:23 pm

Thanks Hamma, but they are not available from that site anymore.
garfran

Postby Tresclub on Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:46 pm

Here's another place you can try: Links Countryclub
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby garfran on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:53 pm

Links Country Club is a dead end for me also, as the course converter files are only from CRX to CRZ. The file I have is Pebble_b.crz for Pebble Beach Golf Links. It came on floppies I bought back in the year dot and then I converted to the CRZ format yonks ago. I think it works in the 2K3 tourneys, but not in 2k1. Anyway thanks Warren.
garfran

Postby Tresclub on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:02 am

Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Good Luck!
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby terrell on Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:58 am

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45

there are several versions of pebble beach, the best of which is chuck clark's rendition found here:

http://linkscorner.org/courses/index.php?SearchType=Course&SearchText=pebble

personally, i can't imagine wanting to play the original access software/microsoft versions with chuck's version available. but if it's a posterior thing, pebble beach was hidden on one or more of the links' cd's in a course(s) folder. i can't remember which one (and i'm way too lazy to browse through my disks looking), but perhaps someone can remember or has them cataloged (armand/crissy?).

personal opinion: there are threads all the time folks looking for the legacy courses, but i will bet the farm most of us will be wanting to play these new courses warren is loading most of the time. the original pebble beach doesn't interest me at all.

edit #1: and with the addition of the legacy courses being upgraded, i'll be chucking (get it? chucking (clark)?) my original valhallas and congressionals.
terrell

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:36 am

terrell wrote:edit #1: and with the addition of the legacy courses being upgraded, i'll be chucking (get it? chucking (clark)?) my original valhallas and congressionals.

Who are you and what have you done with the REAL terrell?? :shock:

Nobody who is half as avid a fan of this sim as you would even think about chucking ANY original courses.
HTP_ErnieB

Postby Armand on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:08 am

terrell wrote:but if it's a posterior thing, pebble beach was hidden on one or more of the links' cd's in a course(s) folder. i can't remember which one (and i'm way too lazy to browse through my disks looking), but perhaps someone can remember or has them cataloged (armand/crissy?).

I don't have that informatoin catalogued, but I'm guessing it was Links LS '98. I thought I, too, was too lazy to check, but I did anyway.... the CRX version of Pebble Beach is on Links LS '98 Disk 1 (Upgrade Version). It most likely is also be on the full version, I don't know for sure.

Armand
Armand

Postby terrell on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:12 am

HTP_ErnieB wrote:Who are you and what have you done with the REAL terrell?? :shock:

Nobody who is half as avid a fan of this sim as you would even think about chucking ANY original courses.

lol. good point, ernie. i guess what i shoulda said was, with the addition of the upgraded legacy courses, i probably won't be playing the original courses much anymore. you're absolutely correct, i won't be chucking any of them.
terrell

Postby Grant_M on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:22 am

Armand wrote:the CRX version of Pebble Beach is on Links LS '98 Disk 1 (Upgrade Version). It most likely is also be on the full version, I don't know for sure.

Armand

I have both the full and upgrade versions of 1998, and confirm that the unconverted version of Pebble is on both.
Grant_M

Postby garfran on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:28 pm

Thanks to all. Found my LS 98 CD and transferred the CRX file, converted to CRZ, but still ended up with the same result. The tourney thinks I don't have the LS version. Such is life. I still enjoy this old version and have all the later versions from Links Corner. Won't be chucking any of them, but hoping the Chuck Clark versions will be used more often than not in the tourneys.
garfran

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:21 pm

the links ls pebble beach crx is also on disc #1 of the ls 2000 game. that's the one i converted and used in previous tour events. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby garfran on Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:55 pm

Thanks Larry. I also have the LS 2000 disk, but I still got same result with it. The interesting thing is I tried starting in a 2K3 tourney for Pebble Beach LS, with no problem. Playing offline in 2K1 is also no problem..."in the lap of the God's"
garfran

Postby BirdieExpress on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:36 am

You have to keep the original course versions on your computer! Even if you never play them. Your game and can tell, and it will treat you better for it.... :lol:
BirdieExpress

Return to Talk About It