My TW Spam Links lol

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Crissy on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:50 am

grim_x I dont know how you guys can play expert 3 click, I have messed with it but for the life of me I cant aim worth a hill of beans. lol And Tiger Woods as you know is not like links were the swing meter stays the same, it gets fast the higher the level one plays. So for the most part one has to pick a level and stick to it as its very hard to jump from level to level.

Crissy

P/S Any aiming tips you mite have would be good. lol
Crissy

Postby Grant_M on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:06 am

Thanks for the info everyone :)

I rarely play tw ( or links for that matter ) anymore, but i'm constantly playing around with the apcd......so maybe i'll mosey on over to the tw site and see if I can find the latest course architect.

cheers!
Grant_M

Postby Crissy on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:11 am

Grant_M wrote:Thanks for the info everyone :)

I rarely play tw ( or links for that matter ) anymore, but i'm constantly playing around with the apcd......so maybe i'll mosey on over to the tw site and see if I can find the latest course architect.

cheers!

I did look around for it Grant, but I could not find were to download it. If you find it let me know wont you.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby Grant_M on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:44 am

Crissy. The latest course architect is the 2006 version here http://www.coursedownloads.net/forum/po ... ?post=4358

Apparently EA has no plans to release a 2007 version of it.....Guess i'll have to load up 2006 again & give it a try :)
Grant_M

Postby Crissy on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:09 am

Grant_M wrote:Crissy. The latest course architect is the 2006 version here http://www.coursedownloads.net/forum/po ... ?post=4358

Apparently EA has no plans to release a 2007 version of it.....Guess i'll have to load up 2006 again & give it a try :)

Thank you Grant, its was right in front of me but I didn't see it. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Postby Grant_M on Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:53 am

jeeze Crissy......i'm always bailing you out....... :lol:

seriously though, to me it appears to be much of the same old same old...back to the apcd!
Grant_M

Postby Crissy on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:17 pm

Grant_M wrote:jeeze Crissy......i'm always bailing you out....... :lol:

Yes you are, but thats your job. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Postby grim_x on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:26 pm

I don't find aiming all that hard in expert. The "e" key doesn't work at that level, so you have to use the "w" key and run it up to where you want to aim. I use the overhead to get a distance to a fw bunker or some recognizable terrain feature that's about the distance I figure I can hit, then landmark from there. I guess the aim is about the same, 1 click for each 2 mph of sidewind, and now you have to add for the lie, I just wing that and try and get a feel for the lie affect. On putting, since there's no grid, I use the "4" key to get a reverse view, hitting esc takes you right to the view instead of waiting for it to cycle all the way.
Oh yah, the "w" moves real slow at first, you can use + and - to speed it up or slow it down while using the w. I speed it way up, but can be tough once reaching the pin.
hope that helps.

edit-the club distances are the same in expert as in advanced, it just doesn't display them.
grim_x

Postby Crissy on Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:25 pm

grim_x wrote:I don't find aiming all that hard in expert. The "e" key doesn't work at that level, so you have to use the "w" key and run it up to where you want to aim. I use the overhead to get a distance to a fw bunker or some recognizable terrain feature that's about the distance I figure I can hit, then landmark from there. I guess the aim is about the same, 1 click for each 2 mph of sidewind, and now you have to add for the lie, I just wing that and try and get a feel for the lie affect. On putting, since there's no grid, I use the "4" key to get a reverse view, hitting esc takes you right to the view instead of waiting for it to cycle all the way.
Oh yah, the "w" moves real slow at first, you can use + and - to speed it up or slow it down while using the w. I speed it way up, but can be tough once reaching the pin.
hope that helps.

edit-the club distances are the same in expert as in advanced, it just doesn't display them.

Thanks for your reply, I will keep working at it.

Crissy
Crissy

Previous

Return to Talk About It