Crystal Pines v Apple Mountain

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Crystal Pines v Apple Mountain

Postby Baritone on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:15 am

Normally I like to play tournaments that have "new courses"....Great way to see some new, great tracks. Crystal Pines is DEFINITELY in that category. On the flip side, I was surprised to see Apple Mountain in the same grouping. Interesting to see what courses are available for downloading these days. Plus Apple Mountain was set up on W/F/F, so a new course with severe slopes on a windy, firm day......I'm sure my view of the course was somewhat biased due to the conditions, but it's still not in the same class as Crystal Pines.
Baritone

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:16 am

B, crystal pines is a fictional product of one of the greatest apcd designers graphically and architecturally, mike jones, and (i think) it's one of his top three designs to boot. apple mountain is a first time design by chris blanchard, but is a real world course in new jersey, and is a pretty good model of a fairly short but tight hilly track. interestingly, both courses require some real thought off the tee. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby mercedes on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:21 am

When I first saw Apple Mountain as a new course I was hoping it was the Apple Mountain Golf Resort of Northern CA. That course is in Camino, CA approximately 1/2 way between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe south shore. I have played it many times and a beautiful track. Didn't realize there was the "other one" in NJ also. Just played it for first time and it is a good design though.

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby Baritone on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:43 pm

Thanks Larry. As always, putting things in perspective. Based on what you're saying, it'd be difficult to put anything up againsts Crystal Pines. Have a great one.
Baritone

Return to Talk About It