Buy international calling cards online! Save up to 60 % !

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby terrell on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:37 am

geez, i had a hard time this morning with this one. first, i pm cardsonline. i'm sure they'll enjoy it. then i tried to pm bruce, but the search for user box came up. luckily (or not luckily if you're bruce) brucebo came up, and i finally got it pm'd. all this cold weather is affecting me.
terrell

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:51 am

it could be gone by now if.........
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby terrell on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:56 am

you're right, murray. for what we're paying, you'd think mark could afford a better spam filter, or he'd at least be a little more proactive sitting here watching for spam. he's a slacker!
terrell

Postby Maximus on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:15 am

terrell and try,

In no way is this a criticism of either of you. I enjoy reading your posts whenever I see them but I'm curious as to why spam posts seem to be a burr in both of your saddles. Almost all are obviously spam by their titles and easily ignored unless one wants to click on the links they offer. Is it something I'm missing since I wasn't a member at the old site or did the wife catch you clicking on a XXX link? :wink:

Max

PS my wife did once and I'll never make that mistake again. :lol:
Maximus

Postby terrell on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:37 am

i certainly don't mind criticism, max, as long as it has a point or it's constructive. i understand your point about spam not being that big of a deal, to most of us. and you are absolutely correct about it's extremely easy to recognize, and simply ignore.

but what about the kids that shouldn't be subjected to it? i've got several nieces and a nephew that like to 'help me out' with links' tournaments occasionally. and since lspn.net is always a tab on my browser, they like to see the posts du jour. the other day, i was walking through the dayton mall, there was a kleenex laying in the middle of the floor. i could have walked around it, stepped over it, kicked it outta the way, it was of no consequence to me whatsoever. but the next person could slip on it and c r a c k their skulls. so i picked it up and tossed it. absolutely zero blip on my radar, but try to do something, no matter how trivial, for the next person.

lol. no one's gonna believe this. but i'll tell ya anyway. it may have been the little neighbor girl that taught me the facts of life when i was way younger, but p o r n simply doesn't interest me. real interests me. even though i live alone, unless i'm extremely fortunate to score an overnighter, i could do anything i want at any time. but p o r n ain't one of them. leaves more time to argue with you guys. (8
terrell

Postby Maximus on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:33 am

terrell wrote:i certainly don't mind criticism, max, as long as it has a point or it's constructive. i understand your point about spam not being that big of a deal, to most of us. and you are absolutely correct about it's extremely easy to recognize, and simply ignore.

but what about the kids that shouldn't be subjected to it? i've got several nieces and a nephew that like to 'help me out' with links' tournaments occasionally. and since lspn.net is always a tab on my browser, they like to see the posts du jour.

Point taken. I didn't really think about that as my children and grandchildren live in another state and don't get to visit us as often as we'd like. When we do get the grandkids here there is one very important rule I have concerning my computer. No one touches it except.......Grandpa!! :wink:

Max
Maximus

Postby KCJammer on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:06 am

Terrell !!! You picked up a Kleenex off of the floor in a mall ???!!! :shock:
KCJammer

Postby terrell on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:15 am

yeah, thought about that when i did it (not the first time either). i boiled myself later.
terrell

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:30 pm

Maximus wrote:terrell and try,

In no way is this a criticism of either of you. I enjoy reading your posts whenever I see them but I'm curious as to why spam posts seem to be a burr in both of your saddles. Almost all are obviously spam by their titles and easily ignored unless one wants to click on the links they offer. Is it something I'm missing since I wasn't a member at the old site or did the wife catch you clicking on a XXX link? :wink:

Max

PS my wife did once and I'll never make that mistake again. :lol:

What Terrell said...Personally, It don't bother me one bit, Favourites section can always use a new site, but like T said, it's the kids that are here, or going to be.....mine in particular.

The "how to save 20% on long distance rates" could stay for ever as far as I'm concerned, but most titles don't need to be clicked on to know what they are about.

As for the wife, she's a great sport when it comes to stuff like that......She'll yell at me from the other room to look at who's on TV or point out the obvious choice I would have as a waitress when out for dinner.

She might even like Teri Hatcher .........more than me! :shock:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Return to Talk About It