Help - I can't find it.

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Help - I can't find it.

Postby mike58 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:41 am

Now that I am reading the forums and doing some postings, I would like to know how to use the emoticons and to be able to put quoted material in those cool boxes. I thought I saw that info somewhere once, but I don't know where. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
mike58

Re: Help - I can't find it.

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:02 pm

mike58 wrote:Now that I am reading the forums and doing some postings, I would like to know how to use the emoticons and to be able to put quoted material in those cool boxes. I thought I saw that info somewhere once, but I don't know where. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

:D :) :( :o :lol: 8) :? :shock: :x :P :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

what cool boxes and what emoticons, mike?
terrell

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:04 pm

terrell wrote:
mike58 wrote:Now that I am reading the forums and doing some postings, I would like to know how to use the emoticons and to be able to put quoted material in those cool boxes. I thought I saw that info somewhere once, but I don't know where. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

:D :) :( :o :lol: 8) :? :shock: :x :P :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

what cool boxes and what emoticons, mike?

ok. ok. i was just messin' around. click 'quote' up in the top righthand corner of the other person's post for the yellow box. just click the emoticon you want on the left, and it will automatically put it in your post for you.

edit: personally, i don't like the little yellow emoticons. especially the animated variety. that's why you'll see me do this (8 a lot.
terrell

Postby Crissy on Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

I have an emotion pack I made up for phpbb of 100 or so of the best I could find on the net. There all Invision emotions ( There the best in my opinion ) Bruce knows as he uses the same pack with his forum. Maybe him and mark can gab about it, there welcome to them if they like. You can install all 100 all at once and don't have to add them one at a time.

Here is a screen shot or two of Bruces, I stole them. lol

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Crissy
Crissy

Postby brokenclub on Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:20 pm

Emotions....hell I cry everytime I play champ
brokenclub

Postby txTarHeel on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:00 pm

Mike,

When you post, be sure to uncheck the checkbox for "Disable BBCode in this post" (it's always checked by default for me). You'll want BBCode enabled so that the nice tags and emoticons will show up.

---Lonnie
txTarHeel

Postby mike58 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:12 pm

Thanks to all for the info, even you Terrell. Most people don't like a smartass, but I do. Thanks for the laugh.
mike58

Postby terrell on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:39 am

mike58 wrote:Thanks to all for the info, even you Terrell. Most people don't like a smartass, but I do. Thanks for the laugh.

well, where's the quote and emoticon? when you read this post, click the 'quote' in the top righthand corner. then click one of the little annoying thingies over on the left (if'n ya really think ya oughta do that).

i'll sit right here and look at this thread til you reply. (8
terrell

Postby Bruce Bo on Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:32 am

Crissy wrote:I have an emotion pack I made up for phpbb of 100 or so of the best I could find on the net. There all Invision emotions ( There the best in my opinion ) Bruce knows as he uses the same pack with his forum. Maybe him and mark can gab about it, there welcome to them if they like. You can install all 100 all at once and don't have to add them one at a time.

Here is a screen shot or two of Bruces, I stole them. lol
Crissy

dont let her fool you guys.. she didnt steal them! she put the charts together herself, and lent them to me. if i 'gab' about anything its how helpful Crissy is~ i dont use them myself too much as i also prefer a ":)" to a :o
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby mike58 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:00 am

terrell wrote:
mike58 wrote:Thanks to all for the info, even you Terrell. Most people don't like a smartass, but I do. Thanks for the laugh.

well, where's the quote and emoticon? when you read this post, click the 'quote' in the top righthand corner. then click one of the little annoying thingies over on the left (if'n ya really think ya oughta do that).

Sorry to take so long. You may go to the bathroom now. :P
mike58

Postby terrell on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:04 am

mike58 wrote:
terrell wrote:

Sorry to take so long. You may go to the bathroom now. :P

whew. that has to be some kinda record. thanks, mike.
terrell

Return to Talk About It