sos, mayday, cq, cq, help!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

sos, mayday, cq, cq, help!

Postby terrell on Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:37 pm

guys, i've been brutalized, victimized, tonsillectomized, and generally pummelized. there's a tournament going on here:

http://test.lspn.net/

called 4 leaf clover that some giant, cyclopsian, herculean character name brucem has handed mike58 and myself our arses on a platter.

i'll name my firstborn after anyone who can save us.

edit: i was going to pm roy and give him my login and password, but i don't think even he could help us. )8
terrell

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:07 pm

Switch to (and learn) Champ RTS, it's easier than Champ Click because there is no snap to worry about which will give you a huge edge on those narrow courses. :twisted:
HTP_ErnieB

Postby terrell on Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:25 pm

normally, that would be extremely good advice. but my snap has been extremely good lately, and i doubt i could drive much better in rts. my problems arise when i get to the green. my chipping and putting are atrocious. druids glen should be a scorer's dream, nice wide fairways, gigantic greens, no problem.

but by the time i got used to the green speeds, mike and i were but specks in bruce's rear view mirror. not that anything would have helped. we got hit by a juggernaut.
terrell

Postby Westview on Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:53 pm

terrell wrote:normally, that would be extremely good advice. but my snap has been extremely good lately, and i doubt i could drive much better in rts. my problems arise when i get to the green. my chipping and putting are atrocious. druids glen should be a scorer's dream, nice wide fairways, gigantic greens, no problem.

but by the time i got used to the green speeds, mike and i were but specks in bruce's rear view mirror. not that anything would have helped. we got hit by a juggernaut.

I noticed it's a MOD tournament. Not that there's anything wrong with that...although you'll never see me as part of the MOD Squad.

Hey Terrell...how do your scores compare with MOD and normal tournaments? Are they about the same?
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:18 pm

Westview wrote:
terrell wrote:normally, that would be extremely good advice. but my snap has been extremely good lately, and i doubt i could drive much better in rts. my problems arise when i get to the green. my chipping and putting are atrocious. druids glen should be a scorer's dream, nice wide fairways, gigantic greens, no problem.

I noticed it's a MOD tournament. Not that there's anything wrong with that...although you'll never see me as part of the MOD Squad.

Hey Terrell...how do your scores compare with MOD and normal tournaments? Are they about the same?

There's no good answer here T.........maybe Bruce can lock this now............and avoid the rush :shock:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby terrell on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:39 pm

Westview wrote:Hey Terrell...how do your scores compare with MOD and normal tournaments? Are they about the same?

driving and irons are no problem. actually, driving is better because you can go over a lot of trouble that would normally cause you to lay up. as i said, my problems begin on the greens. i average around 25 putts in v1.05. in v1.06, i've been consistently 30-35 putts. it takes the front side to get used to the speed, by that time, i'm just trying to salvage par.

but it's terrific fun. and these new courses are making it an entirely new game.
terrell

Postby Chip_Jett on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:54 pm

well if it isn't the [censored] brigade discussing links. :roll: Do you dolts get together for sunday tea too . :lol: We all know westy you and try boy don't have the b a l l s for 1.06 so why waste time asking S T U P I D questions about it :roll:
Chip_Jett

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Chip_Jett wrote:well if it isn't the [censored] brigade discussing links. :roll: Do you dolts get together for sunday tea too . :lol: We all know westy you and try boy don't have the b a l l s for 1.06 so why waste time asking S T U P I D questions about it :roll:

Chip.....Shouldn't you be out on the course, perfecting those bogies.....er...... swings somewhere....Good to see you can use 1.06 as an excuse for playing like a newbie, Don't get caught going back to 1.05, ya might have to justify those pathetic scores

Anytime you want to trade strokes, lemme know......ask U who how that turned out for him :lol:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:26 am

terrell wrote:driving and irons are no problem. actually, driving is better because you can go over a lot of trouble that would normally cause you to lay up. as i said, my problems begin on the greens. i average around 25 putts in v1.05. in v1.06, i've been consistently 30-35 putts. it takes the front side to get used to the speed, by that time, i'm just trying to salvage par.

but it's terrific fun. and these new courses are making it an entirely new game.

I agree, it's terrific fun. Putting in v1.06 Champ level with no grids is killing me so bad that I wussed out (for now) and turned them back on. I tend to overplay the breaks without a grid and hitting the ball 1/2 a dot too hard on a 1.06 fast green is a major disaster LOL. Lately, I've been trying to intentionally hit it too short with some interesting results - a few of those 30 foot bogies are now starting to drop! :lol:

Practice practice practice! 8)
HTP_ErnieB

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:35 am

absolutely agree, ernie. though i'm still knocking a couple off the green each round, it's a lot better than it used to be. and total frustration has turned to fun.
terrell

Thanks Terrell

Postby mike58 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:47 am

Thanks for letting the whole world know how poorly I am playing!!! LOL I have actually been having a lot of fun learning to putt in 1.06. My first round at Druids was not as good as I hoped, but I don't like MOD when the greens are soft or slow. Faster the better. But, you sure have to pay close attention. Especially how much the green slopes down past the hole. Don't think I will ever get to Bruce's level.
mike58

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:30 am

yeah, sorry about calling attention to our plight, mike. but the situation is desperate, and we need reinforcements. i don't think i'll ever approach bruce's level either, or roy's, or giller's, or...
terrell

Postby txTarHeel on Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:55 pm

I don't know if you can call me a reinforcement, but I'm giving this tourney a try. And on the final hole of round 1, I discovered the secret of improving my score with the Mod - simply hole out (from 134 yards in this case) from the fairway so as to avoid putting (since I had 31 putts on the other 17 holes...yuck!).
txTarHeel

Postby BruceWallace on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:34 pm

Chip_Jett wrote:well if it isn't the [censored] brigade discussing links. :roll: Do you dolts get together for sunday tea too . :lol: We all know westy you and try boy don't have the b a l l s for 1.06 so why waste time asking S T U P I D questions about it :roll:

Go away. Nothing to see here. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
BruceWallace

Return to Talk About It