How to submit a course....

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby KCJammer on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Sounds good Warren. Thanks for the time and effort that goes into this. :D
KCJammer

Postby Tresclub on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:41 pm

terrell wrote:
Tresclub wrote:T and KC, I don't know anything about a course vote at the "previous tour site", sorry. Mark sent me Larry Warilow's "Wish List", and Bruce Muench's "MOD Friendly Courses". I have been working alphabetically off these two lists.

aha! that's good enough for me. just asking.

np . . .
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Tresclub on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:42 pm

KCJammer wrote:Sounds good Warren. Thanks for the time and effort that goes into this. :D

My pleasure!
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby kracken on Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks for the input Warren.

I see Torrey and Muirfield is in the course list. Is Torrey the APCD or MS version? :roll:
Kracken
kracken

Postby kracken on Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:25 pm

Warren or Mark,

Just to let you know, I created a 2K1 tournament using the Plantation couse in the listing but it said I need 2K3 version to play. :wink:
Kracken
kracken

Postby Tresclub on Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:38 pm

kracken wrote:Thanks for the input Warren.

I see Torrey and Muirfield is in the course list. Is Torrey the APCD or MS version? :roll:

Torrey Pines South 2002 is the APCD version by Chuck Clark.
Tresclub

Postby kracken on Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:47 pm

Thanks Warren,

I went out and got the Torrey 2002 at File Planet. :wink:
Kracken
kracken

Postby Tresclub on Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:02 pm

kracken wrote:Warren or Mark,
Just to let you know, I created a 2K1 tournament using the Plantation couse in the listing but it said I need 2K3 version to play. :wink:

I don't have the old MS version anymore, so I can't add it. Sorry. PM Mark, maybe he can.
Tresclub

Postby kracken on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:00 pm

Thanks again Warren, been a big help. :wink:
Kracken
kracken

Postby Tresclub on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:56 pm

My pleasure K!
Tresclub

Courses

Postby JustFig on Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:15 pm

Not wanting to be a pain but it seems to me that the games would get more players if we just use the "free" courses? A lot of us don't have the "pay for" courses so we can't play in those tour games. Just something for you folks who open up a game to think about.

JF
JustFig

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:16 am

interestingly, every time i use one of the old ms "pay for" courses in my weekly champ level plsa style event (with the exception of spyglass hill and doral), i get about twice the entries that i get for some pretty good free apcds. the reason is that most of the veteran players have those old files. while the newer free apcd files will become more prevalent as time goes by, those old ms files still represent a lot of great venues that will take a long time to fully replace, and they will be around for quite awhile.

warren has gotten off to more than a great start in the tour course list apcd add-on project, because at this point he's put in about 80% of the free apcds (real and fictional) on my list. while my list was far from exhaustive, it contained all previous apcds we were playing on the old tour (added by member vote), and a good many more in their most recent version that most members will be glad to see and play in tour competition. lw

____
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:10 am

and just to be fair, warren has also put in a number of files not on my list, some few of which i myself have never played (but will soon). the membership should be very pleased at the many new apcd additions, and the fact that the tour course list is now wide open to the huge apcd course universe. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Harpo on Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:16 am

I would like to see Mossy Oaks by Doug Montgomery added to the wish list if not already on it. It is a very nice course and will make a tough course for the champ and elite levels.
Jim
Harpo

Postby terrell on Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:43 am

i doubly second jim's motion for mossy oaks. doug and karen have done a masterful job. i've played the course several times offline, and that doesn't happen too often.
terrell

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It