Tribute Bands

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Tribute Bands

Postby Frankoh on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:49 am

:roll: hehe ... last time Iposted in here I mentioned Led Zepplica & if you had a chance .. & liked Zep ... go see em .. it was worth it ... Wed. night the wife & I went to "Rain" .. a Beatles tribute band. I never got to see the Beatles live .. & from what I heard .. it was hardly worth it, what with the [censored] poor equipment & all the screaming fans, you couldn;t hear them perform(hell ... they couldn't even hear themselves play). Their last live perfomance(not counting the rooftop of Abbey Road Studio) was San Fran in 66 ... As you can imagine then ... much of Rain's performance was something no 1 ever got to see anyway .. it was their take on the stuff from the White Album, Let it Be & Abbey Road & they did an outstanding job. Hopefully this link will work & you'll get a taste of the show .. too bad it's the stuff they did on Ed Sullivan .. The Golden Slumber,Carry That Weight & The End( you know.. the end of the Abbey Road Album ..... "& in the end ... the love you take .. is equal to the love you make") was simply AWESOME. Could you imagine (hehe) what those boys wouldda been able to do with the technology avaiable today !!

Hope the link works :)

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/media_ ... 007_a.html

[/http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/media_archive/jan-31-2007_a.html]

Frankoh
No matter where you go .... there you are :)
Frankoh

Postby Bruce Bo on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:49 am

the link works for me :)
thanks!
ahhhh take me back to 16 yrs old again~ those boys changed my lilfe.. at least my outlook on it.

too bad the Paul rep doesnt' play lefthanded... they'd be near perfect.

as for todays' technology, i think they were so far ahead of their time, and with George Martin's magic made them what they are. i'm not sure they'd be so notable if their music was as synthetic as so much of todays' is.

i liked them for their guitar/drums.. i wasn't even too keen when they started experimenting with sitar's and orchestra's.. because i couldnt see them reproducing it "live" - but it won me over in the end.
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Re: Tribute Bands

Postby KCJammer on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:29 am

HawkWynd wrote: Could you imagine (hehe) what those boys wouldda been able to do with the technology avaiable today !!

If you haven't already done so, check out the "Love" album and see what George Martin and his son have produced. Pretty amazing stuff, though purists may not appreciate it.
KCJammer

Postby Maximus on Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:11 pm

KCJammer wrote:
HawkWynd wrote: Could you imagine (hehe) what those boys wouldda been able to do with the technology avaiable today !!

If you haven't already done so, check out the "Love" album and see what George Martin and his son have produced. Pretty amazing stuff, though purists may not appreciate it.

KC,

Put me among the purists. I thought "Love" was awful although others may like it.

I never saw the Beatles live but I was lucky enough to see Led Zeppelin. The concert lasted about 3 hours with no warm up band, after all what band would want the job of trying to warm up for Led Zeppelin. :lol: The best part of the concert was Page, Plant and Jones sitting next to each other on stage just like they did on their DVD and playing 4 or 5 acoustic numbers. They were awesome, especially Jimmy Page and when they finished the night with "Rock and Roll" as the encore all I can say is WOW. I've seen quite a few concerts, Steve Winwood, Aerosmith, Joe Walsh (solo) and Stevie Ray Vaughan were also great concerts, but Led Zeppelin was easily the best. Long Live Led Zeppelin.

Max

PS Thanks KC for putting your "classic vinyl" channel back on. I was feeling bad watching you listen to those lame songs on the coffee house channel or whatever it was. :lol:
Maximus

Postby tryandtyoneon on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:29 pm

HawkWynd wrote::roll: hehe ... last time Iposted in here I mentioned Led Zepplica & if you had a chance .. & liked Zep ... go see em .. it was worth it ... Wed. night the wife & I went to "Rain" .. a Beatles tribute band. I never got to see the Beatles live .. & from what I heard .. it was hardly worth it, what with the [censored] poor equipment & all the screaming fans, you couldn;t hear them perform(hell ... they couldn't even hear themselves play). Their last live perfomance(not counting the rooftop of Abbey Road Studio) was San Fran in 66 ... As you can imagine then ... much of Rain's performance was something no 1 ever got to see anyway .. it was their take on the stuff from the White Album, Let it Be & Abbey Road & they did an outstanding job. Hopefully this link will work & you'll get a taste of the show .. too bad it's the stuff they did on Ed Sullivan .. The Golden Slumber,Carry That Weight & The End( you know.. the end of the Abbey Road Album ..... "& in the end ... the love you take .. is equal to the love you make") was simply AWESOME. Could you imagine (hehe) what those boys wouldda been able to do with the technology avaiable today !!

Hope the link works :)

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/media_ ... 007_a.html

[/http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/media_archive/jan-31-2007_a.html]

Frankoh

Nice to see you up and around Frank...I hope all is well these days
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby KCJammer on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:41 pm

Maximus wrote:
PS Thanks KC for putting your "classic vinyl" channel back on. I was feeling bad watching you listen to those lame songs on the coffee house channel or whatever it was. :lol:

lol Max ... every once in a while, I like to mellow a bit, y'know? By the way, one of the tunes getting a ton of airplay on the Coffee House is Rodrigo y Gabriela's acoustic version of "Stairway To Heaven." I'm not ashamed to admit I like it. :lol:
KCJammer

Postby Frankoh on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:30 pm

[quote="tryandtyoneon
Nice to see you up and around Frank...I hope all is well these days[/quote]

Thx Murray ... been 7 weeks now & it's gettin there ... pain free in the hip for the 1st time in over 2 yrs .. & almost got all my wits about me now that i'm off those narcs(NEVER thot I'd ever be sayin somethin like that about drugs ... LOL). Say Hi to the guyz @ ISL for me ... btw .. is Franklin OK? .. he hasn't responded to my last email.

TC
Frankoh
Frankoh

Postby SteveFr on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:34 am

Hey Frank, I'm still kicking around. Sorry about the email. Not been doing much of anything really just the odd round of Links and keeping the site ticking over. Start three weeks of rads on Wednesday so if you see someone glowing in the dark that'll probably be me.

Steve
SteveFr

Postby gunner on Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:38 am

Steve and I just thought you had a glowing Personality about you. Hope all goes well.

Gary
gunner

Postby Frankoh on Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:07 pm

SteveFr wrote:Hey Frank, I'm still kicking around. Sorry about the email. Not been doing much of anything really just the odd round of Links and keeping the site ticking over. Start three weeks of rads on Wednesday so if you see someone glowing in the dark that'll probably be me.

Steve

Glad to hear your doin OK Steve .... Who knows .. maybe you'll end up in an episode of "Heroes" as Rad Man ... best of luck m8. :lol:
Frankoh

Return to Talk About It