Thanks for helping out!!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Thanks for helping out!!

Postby lstouradmin on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:42 pm

I know I'm not on the boards over here very often but I want to say a big thank you for everyone helping out!

In particular,

BruceBo
Terrell
Tresclub
Everyone helping on the test site

I know I forgot a few names, so PM me if think you need to be on this list :-)

Just so you know what's going on, I'm still working on the test site building the new Country Club feature. It should be awesome for those who really want to run their own tournament site and for those who want to play there.

The site is coming along nicely and is much more stable than the main site. Once I have the Country Club feature and have stats displayed I'm going to move all changes over the main site. At that time I'll have to reset the database because I've made a number of changes to it. It will be much quicker and easier to just blow it out and put the new one in instead of trying to upgrade it. I don't have a time frame yet but it is getting closer.

Also, Tresclub (Warren) has volunteered to add courses to the database. I just gave him the tools he needs this afternoon. So hopefully we'll see some new courses within the next week or so.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

on spam

Postby Bruce Bo on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:50 pm

Mark..
thanks for mentioning Terrell, this guy must camp out here, but he has REALLY been my right hand man in alerting me about SPAM. i'd say we have a very good working relationship.

where's that 'salute' emoticon? i want to send one to him :)

good job Terrell~ please continue!
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby terrell on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:22 pm

lstouradmin wrote:I know I'm not on the boards over here very often but I want to say a big thank you for everyone helping out!

In particular,

BruceBo
Terrell
Tresclub
Everyone helping on the test site

I know I forgot a few names, so PM me if think you need to be on this list :-)

well, thank YOU very much for the mention, and particularly all the work you're doing to keep us alive. like i've always said, i'm just trying to give a little back to the bunches of guys (and that includes gals, generically speaking) that have helped me over the years.

lstouradmin wrote:I know I forgot a few names, so PM me if think you need to be on this list :-)

i've done the same thing here a dozen times. i'm totally horrendous with names, and it's impossible to include every deserving person. there are lots, and i hope they at least know i appreciate them when they pick me up.

lstouradmin wrote:Also, Tresclub (Warren) has volunteered to add courses to the database. I just gave him the tools he needs this afternoon. So hopefully we'll see some new courses within the next week or so.

warren should team with larry warrilow, 'cause lw can tell you statistically the favorite courses that have been mentioned here. unless warren already has a list put together, lw can help with that.

BruceBo wrote:Mark..
thanks for mentioning Terrell, this guy must camp out here, but he has REALLY been my right hand man in alerting me about SPAM. i'd say we have a very good working relationship.

actually, thanks to firefox and opera. multiple tabbed browsers are great for lurking with you guys.
terrell

Re: Thanks for helping out!!

Postby Bluenoser on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:41 pm

lstouradmin wrote:Also, Tresclub (Warren) has volunteered to add courses to the database. I just gave him the tools he needs this afternoon. So hopefully we'll see some new courses within the next week or so.

Mark

Mark - any chance the list of MOD friendly courses I created for you is going to be considered when courses are added?
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby Tresclub on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:15 pm

terrell wrote:warren should team with larry warrilow, 'cause lw can tell you statistically the favorite courses that have been mentioned here. unless warren already has a list put together, lw can help with that.

Mark sent me a copy of Larry's "Wish List", and I'll be taking a real long look at it.

Warren
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Re: Thanks for helping out!!

Postby Tresclub on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:29 pm

BruceM wrote:Mark - any chance the list of MOD friendly courses I created for you is going to be considered when courses are added?

Bruce, Mark sent me a copy of your MOD Friendly course list, and I'll be taking a real long look at it too!

Warren
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Re: thanks for helping out

Postby garfran on Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Have just been playing "Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes" and would like to recommend for inclusion in the course list. A "Real Course", it is currently available at Links Corner and has the LC Recommended tick.
garfran

Postby Tresclub on Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:58 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the rx.
Tresclub

Postby lstouradmin on Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:16 pm

btw, Warren (tresclub), just did a trial run with the course tool I gave him and successfully added a course to the database. I just added it to the main site as well.

Apple Mountain Golf Club

Others are on the way!

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Added Courses

Postby Tresclub on Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:46 pm

Brookdale Country Club
Brown Deer Park GC 2005
Tresclub

Added Courses

Postby Tresclub on Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:19 am

Avocet at Wild Wing 2003
Black Lake G.C.
Black Rose Valley

Colonial Country Club
Coogan's Bluff
Crandon Park Golf Course
Tresclub

Re: Added Courses

Postby Maximus on Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:49 am

Tresclub wrote:Avocet at Wild Wing 2003
Black Lake G.C.
Black Rose Valley

Colonial Country Club
Coogan's Bluff
Crandon Park Golf Course

Thanks Warren,

Nice picks. I've been reading the new Riviera course will be at Links Corner in a week or two. It would be another nice addition to the available courses list.

Max
Maximus

Re: Added Courses

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:45 am

Maximus wrote:
Tresclub wrote:Avocet at Wild Wing 2003
Black Lake G.C.
Black Rose Valley

Colonial Country Club
Coogan's Bluff
Crandon Park Golf Course

Thanks Warren,

Nice picks. I've been reading the new Riviera course will be at Links Corner in a week or two. It would be another nice addition to the available courses list.

Max

Having played this for almost a week now (APCD-Courses.com - membership has its' privileges wink wink nudge nudge neener neener neener :P ), I concur, this gem would be a most excellent addition to the LSPN queue.
HTP_ErnieB

Suggestion

Postby KCJammer on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:05 am

To Warren, Bruce, Mark, or DC (if he's still around):

Rather than posting the courses added to Mark's "Thanks For Helping Out" thread, a new sticky thread be started called "Courses Added." Might also be a good idea to prohibit replies in that thread, so as to limit the thread's contents to just the notification of the course(s) added.

Other threads could then be started requesting specific course adds and providing feedback to Warren regarding any courses he has added.
KCJammer

Return to Talk About It