Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby gibby on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:27 am

thank you for a better explanation.
And have and Happy Holiday also
edit : page 10 arrives
gibby

Postby EddieSchmidt on Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:46 pm

Somewhere in this thread [entertaining reading by the way :D ] I read something to the effect
"the game is out of the box the way the developer intended it and shouldn't be altered".

The suits paying the bills make the calls on release dates and the developers have to cater to those deadlines.
I speak with certainty that Links wasn't perfect out of the box . I remember game play concerns from testers and some I had myself that weren't addressed. The key in beta testing is ironing out the bugs . The developers are striving to have a game with a stable platform so the company can make $$$$. I only play the mod and don't believe it's perfect but it's a better game than what came out of the box. Different strokes for different folks though, some people may think different .. The sun will come up again tommorrow and life goes on.

I don't play on Marks tour but admire what he's done here. I'm sure he will do what's right for his tour over the long haul. I'm hoping the proposed new mod wil lead to me playing Links more often.

Merry Christmas all.
EddieSchmidt

Postby Harpo on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:12 pm

mogulbasher wrote: I find the arguments about source code, pirating, and so forth to also be wholly self serving and of limited value to the real discussion that should be taking place about how we make the game better, provide more choice, improve the quality of the tour experience and so forth.

Maybe to the discussion of how we make the game better but it still doesn't make it right to change it in the first place.

I'm sure Terrell won't be playing here with it because he has stated here many times that pirating software just won't happen with him. Or will it?
Jim
Harpo

Postby Rehit on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:28 pm

perhaps none of you realize that MS was fully aware of what we were doing when the Mod was created.
they cannot give their corporate blessing to such a project, but they also did not ask us to stop.
there is no piracy involved what so ever.
the new owners of the game were quite interested in the mod, and actually requested the code, and the code was sent.
it would be a better place if people did not go off half cocked talking about something they know absolutely nothing about.
surely you do not think we stuck our heads in a noose that large by having the Mod released to the public from our web site...
Rehit

Postby Harpo on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:55 pm

Thank you very much. It only took 10 pages to get an answer to that question.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Crissy on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:57 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but I would think Mark would be the guy to talk to about any core or permanent code changes to the game. As that is what he is good at and would most likely be the one doing it.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby sinewiz on Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:26 pm

Thanks for responding Rehit. Some how everything you said I assumed was the case, but it's good hearing it from the horses mouth.
sinewiz

Postby Rehit on Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:42 pm

Crissy wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I would think Mark would be the guy to talk to about any core or permanent code changes to the game. As that is what he is good at and would most likely be the one doing it.

Crissy

actually there is a team of people working on the changes...
of course nobody asked...
they just assumed again.
just so it won't come as some kind of shock...
we are also working on major renovations of the APCD.
there is a teaser screenshot in the forum at apcd courses.

Hi Crissy
Rehit

Postby FDS_Catherine on Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:44 pm

Listen I am not going to get into the pro's and con's regarding this thread. You all have your mind made up. ( It is a sad state of affairs tho, that not alot more people have taken to the mod 1.6. )

Yes I am a woman, and yes I work for one of the most forward thinking company's around. ( Valve. OMG, I am a woman and not only do I design, but I mesh level edit, most of the levels you young guns run around in. )

Now, I am a noob, or a newb, or whatever l337 speak todays culture has regarding playing games. ( Yes I only got into playing 2003, roughly 4 weeks after its release. But I have been watching my father play ever since the Leaderboard days. And even dabbled myself. )
I also play golf IRL, and I for one must praise the coders of 1.6. Why?

Well for a start. I was sick and tired of playing the same old shots to the same old holes, knowing roughly where my ball would end up. ( Some might not consider this as a bad thing, but. )

As I played every sunday morning at my local course, I began to notice every nuance of the ball. The way it rolled, stopped, run left and right.

And to me this represented the epitemy of golf simulation. ( After all, I had played World Class Leaderboard when I was a lass, and thought it was the best sim ever. )

Now I have had a look at certan courses, ( yes I know the legality of all this ) and I have to say, that the courses that are being released at the minute, are of exceptional quality. Not only is the planting top notch, but the way the courses are laid out, is also superbly done. ( Far and away outdoing anything the M$ courses had to offer, but that is for a different thread. )

I have always been in favour of the mod. For numerous reasons, a few which were posted above. And I will always support the coders, regardless of what some might say.( As after all, they are trying to bring the best golfing experience to us, the fans. ) And I for one respect the work that is involved in that.

And as for the legality of it all, all I have to say is......................

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, we all be piratessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
FDS_Catherine

Postby Crissy on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:12 pm

Rehit wrote:
Crissy wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I would think Mark would be the guy to talk to about any core or permanent code changes to the game. As that is what he is good at and would most likely be the one doing it.

Crissy

actually there is a team of people working on the changes...
of course nobody asked...
they just assumed again.
just so it won't come as some kind of shock...
we are also working on major renovations of the APCD.
there is a teaser screenshot in the forum at apcd courses.

Hi Crissy

Hi rehit long time no see. Its much calmer over here then at your site, I wonder why. lol

Thats all I wanted to know for 10 pages. lol if you and who ever have permission to mess with the game then fine, I will have to live with it.

Because I would hate to have to come over there and lock you up if you were on the lamb after breaking the law. lol

Crissy
Last edited by Crissy on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crissy

Postby Rehit on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:12 pm

Hi Catherine.
pop in over at apcd-courses.com.
i am certain we would like to converse with you.
Rehit

Postby Rehit on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:13 pm

you cannot lock me up Crissy...
i am the Devil you know... :twisted:
Rehit

Postby Crissy on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:19 pm

Rehit wrote:you cannot lock me up Crissy...
i am the Devil you know... :twisted:

Yes so I have heard a few times. lol The Devil is better then the B word I get though. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Postby KCJammer on Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Crissy wrote: The Devil is better then the B word I get though. lol

Blonde?
KCJammer

Postby Crissy on Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:26 pm

KCJammer wrote:
Crissy wrote: The Devil is better then the B word I get though. lol

Blonde?

Wrong but its an improvement, over the B word I get though. lol Although I did burn someones number once for a lifetime here, for referring to me a dumb Blonde. But your ok I like you fine, I never liked him the minute I met him so it turned out to be a bonus. lol

Crissy
Crissy

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It