Harbortown (APCD)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Harbortown (APCD)

Postby Harpo on Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:28 am

Is there a place that I can get this course other than joining the apcd site? I understand that it is free? (says this on the LC site) It is ok to get it from another linkster if it is free, right?
Jim
Harpo

Postby KCJammer on Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:47 am

The over/under on this one is 8 pages.

Any takers?
KCJammer

Postby SteveFr on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:10 am

Extract from the EULA

• Distribution Terms. You may not reproduce and/or distribute this file without the express consent of Eddie Schmidt. If permission will be given to distribute it, it will be distributed freely on a non-commercial basis only and will be distributed with the readme and this EULA. I do not grant you the right to sell or, or otherwise distribute THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT in exchange for value.
SteveFr

Postby Freefaller on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:16 am

join the site (it's free and they don't pester you with e-mails and such) and download the course
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby Harpo on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:36 am

If it's free, why does it matter where you get it.
Jim
Harpo

Postby DennisHarris on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:01 am

Jim,

Read the 1st sentence of the Eula. Says it all right there.

Of course IMO the real question and debate is or should be how can someone update (a technical term here) "cracked" version of the old Access or MS course, which this course is and then claim legal rights on how he or she can distribute the updated course. Was this not piracy to begin with. LMAO!

I say show me the permission to update this course by the copywrite holder. If you can't then its pirated. How can anyone claim the rights to distribution of a pirated product. LMAO!

Kc I won't touch your odds!

SteveFr wrote:Extract from the EULA

• Distribution Terms. You may not reproduce and/or distribute this file without the express consent of Eddie Schmidt. If permission will be given to distribute it, it will be distributed freely on a non-commercial basis only and will be distributed with the readme and this EULA. I do not grant you the right to sell or, or otherwise distribute THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT in exchange for value.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Tresclub on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:44 am

Freefaller wrote:join the site (it's free and they don't pester you with e-mails and such) and download the course

hmmm, joining the site (and access to their forums) is free, but if you want to download courses,
you have to buy a $20 subscription to apcd-courses.com.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Harpo on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:13 pm

Here you go you can download it off my site if you like. I will leave it there for a bit.

Here is a link

[url=http://www.win-dep.com/fileman/downloads/temp/rivendellgolflinks.zip]Rivendell desig ..

On this message from Crissy she is telling someone to download a course off her site. Is this the same thing that I'm asking for? I didn't see anyone jumping on her. Maybe she has permission I don't know?

How many of you have gotten almost into a 4 player match and someone didn't have the right version of a course and one of the players sent them the correct one using ICQ. I seen it done in the greenkeeps room a lot.

If it was a MS or PTP course I wouldn't be asking, I know better.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Freefaller on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:18 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:If it's free, why does it matter where you get it.
I was actually talking about the LC site not the course you want.
Freefaller

Postby Freefaller on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:21 pm

Tresclub wrote:
Freefaller wrote:join the site (it's free and they don't pester you with e-mails and such) and download the course

hmmm, joining the site (and access to their forums) is free, but if you want to download courses,
you have to buy a $20 subscription to apcd-courses.com.
I thought we were talking about the LC site not your apcd.whatever.rip.off.site.
Freefaller

Postby Harpo on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:39 pm

Freefaller: He is referring to http://www.apcd-courses.com . That is where LC is telling you where to get the course for free.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Crissy on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:40 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:Here you go you can download it off my site if you like. I will leave it there for a bit.

Here is a link

[url=http://www.win-dep.com/fileman/downloads/temp/rivendellgolflinks.zip]Rivendell desig ..

On this message from Crissy she is telling someone to download a course off her site. Is this the same thing that I'm asking for? I didn't see anyone jumping on her. Maybe she has permission I don't know?

How many of you have gotten almost into a 4 player match and someone didn't have the right version of a course and one of the players sent them the correct one using ICQ. I seen it done in the greenkeeps room a lot.

If it was a MS or PTP course I wouldn't be asking, I know better.

Yes I have and I also have had hundreds and hundreds of other courses at one time or another on my site. All of them were distributed for free by the designer. ( you could download the same courses at Links Corner or most anyway ) I even have a link here on this site for Wasbi Hills ( a MS course - I had permission from Mark to do so ) it was a free course at one time but was hard to get.

I have also had many of Eddie Schmidts courses on my site before ( hes was a member also ) But with Harbour Town Golf Links he asked that it only be released at rehits site ( apcd.com ) and no were else. So I dont know what this thread is all about. Eddie designed the course and only wants it distributed at apcd.com, that pretty much says it all. lol

Could I or anyone else offer the course for download with out repercussions. I suppose but thats not what Eddie asked, so you ether have respect for the designer wishes or you don’t.

I for one do.

Crissy
Last edited by Crissy on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissy

Postby Freefaller on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:52 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:Freefaller: He is referring to http://www.apcd-courses.com . That is where LC is telling you where to get the course for free.
ahh, my bad
Freefaller

Postby Harpo on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:54 pm

Ok Crissy, thanks for the update.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Crissy on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:04 pm

JimArmstrong wrote:Ok Crissy, thanks for the update.

If its any consolation Jim , I would not mind playing it here in a tourney myself. Who knows if we were to ask Eddie he may let us. People are sometimes a bit more receptive to honey then a whack in the melon, at least I know I am. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Next

Return to Talk About It