Waialae

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Waialae

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Who decided a tree in the way of a drive straight down the fairway on the 10th hole was a good idea :lol:
Being further away after 1 than before the T shot is never a good plan. Especially with trees ( loads of them) still in the way!

Am I the only one to hit it?
RoyHiggi

Re: Waialae

Postby MasterMontgomery on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:26 am

I did miss it, but what a place for
A tree. For me hole 16 was blacked
Out and I had to use a different cam
To hit the tee shot.
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Mississippi on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:16 pm

Doug, your the 2nd player i've seen reporting not seeing the course on hole 16, but 37 have played. Can you post your video card and driver version to help establish a pattern?
Mississippi

Postby MasterMontgomery on Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:37 am

Nvidia GeForce 6150 le
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:30 am

My apologies for selecting the 2019 version of Waialae.

Sometimes when I'm going through a course to set it up, I don't play from the tees and concentrate more on selecting pin positions that fit conditions of wind and speed. So, when I go to hole #1 for example, I'm in chipping only mode, then move my ball all around to find suitable pin positions.

I assumed (remember assuming makes and ASS out of U and ME (ass-u-me). This "update" is NOT and I should have played the course from the back tees at least once all the way through. Had I done so, I would have gone back to the Jack Stewart version. In his readme.txt (which I did AFTER the fact), Steven Lucey says he's just taken up the APCD so no blame there.

SO, THE FAULT IS MINE ALL THE WAY AND UNLESS SOMETHING BETTER COMES ALONG, THE JACK STEWART WILL BE BACK IN 2021.

GoesForIt
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:35 am

Mississippi wrote:Doug, your the 2nd player i've seen reporting not seeing the course on hole 16, but 37 have played. Can you post your video card and driver version to help establish a pattern?

I know the tee (below) is blocked out on hole #17 both the Stewart and Lucey versions. I've not heard or seen anything wrong with hole #16.
Attachments
Waialae.JPG
Waialae.JPG (29.02 KB) Viewed 8210 times
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:39 am

MasterMontgomery wrote:Nvidia GeForce 6150 le

Sort of a different question. My gaming laptop (ASUS)(I don't play from it but would like to) has both and NVIDIA and Intel graphics accelerator. I've applied the NVIDIA patch to Links on my gaming laptop. I go into the NVIDIA set up and tell it to be used for Links... but no matter what I've tried, it still loads and reports the INTEL card is being used. When I go to the graphics setup only the INTEL card is see there.

Any ideas of how to use the NVIDIA card?
GoesForIt

Postby pmgolf on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:46 am

GoesForIt wrote:
MasterMontgomery wrote:Nvidia GeForce 6150 le

Sort of a different question. My gaming laptop (ASUS)(I don't play from it but would like to) has both and NVIDIA and Intel graphics accelerator. I've applied the NVIDIA patch to Links on my gaming laptop. I go into the NVIDIA set up and tell it to be used for Links... but no matter what I've tried, it still loads and reports the INTEL card is being used. When I go to the graphics setup only the INTEL card is see there.

A fix for that has been found, and it's posted on LinksCorner. It references "Intel onboard graphics", which you have, and it may be the one that says something about "Voodoo" something - some software, I believe.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby CrashDavis on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:48 am

My humble apologies for the blocked views on 16 & 17. I obviously had not tested that in Panoramic view - only in Normal view. I will correct that in an updated version. Again, very sorry.

Steven Lucey
CrashDavis

Postby rwoodworkr on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:34 pm

pmgolf wrote:
GoesForIt wrote:Sort of a different question. My gaming laptop (ASUS)(I don't play from it but would like to) has both and NVIDIA and Intel graphics accelerator. I've applied the NVIDIA patch to Links on my gaming laptop. I go into the NVIDIA set up and tell it to be used for Links... but no matter what I've tried, it still loads and reports the INTEL card is being used. When I go to the graphics setup only the INTEL card is see there.

A fix for that has been found, and it's posted on LinksCorner. It references "Intel onboard graphics", which you have, and it may be the one that says something about "Voodoo" something - some software, I believe.

Pete

I'm in a bit of a hurry to head out of town, but when I get back on Tuesday, I'll tell you what worked for me, Doug.
rwoodworkr

Postby Mississippi on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:46 pm

GoesForIt wrote:
MasterMontgomery wrote:Nvidia GeForce 6150 le....Thanks Doug it appears onboard graphics and panoramic view settings is the common theme.

Have you tried going into the games graphic settings and looking in the device tab to see if links offers both options there, and changing it there if it does ?
Mississippi

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:18 pm

Mississippi wrote:
GoesForIt wrote:
MasterMontgomery wrote:Nvidia GeForce 6150 le....Thanks Doug it appears onboard graphics and panoramic view settings is the common theme.

Have you tried going into the games graphic settings and looking in the device tab to see if links offers both options there, and changing it there if it does ?

Yes, it shows only the Intel video.
GoesForIt

Postby Mississippi on Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm

GoesForIt wrote:
Yes, it shows only the Intel video.

Then go into the device manager of the laptop and choose it under display adapters.
Mississippi

Postby Adelade on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 am

I could of course be wrong but I believe many faced the same problem in the past and it seemed like no one ever managed to find a way for Links to recognize the better graphics card no matter what they tried other than with that dgVoodoo2 program Pete mentioned. I recommend reading the whole first post in that thread in the LC Tech Corner section. I personally use that program and am very content with it, recently we saw some evidence that dgVoodoo2 likely creates some (but not all) problems with the Green Analyzer so that might be worth keeping in mind if you use the GA regularly.

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:43 pm

Adelade wrote:...that dgVoodoo2 program Pete mentioned. I recommend reading the whole first post in that thread in the LC Tech Corner section. I personally use that program and am very content with it, recently we saw some evidence that dgVoodoo2 likely creates some (but not all) problems with the Green Analyzer so that might be worth keeping in mind if you use the GA regularly.

That's what worked well for me on my Windows 10 laptop. The only issue I have is some very minor artifacts showing up on the aiming stick. Other than that, it all works perfectly. I don't use the GA, so can't answer to that.
rwoodworkr

Return to Talk About It