PLSA (PLSA II and Schwab)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA (PLSA II and Schwab)

Postby GoesForIt on Thu May 23, 2024 8:30 am

Well, I never felt so much like faking a crash and starting over. If I'd done my normal driving practice prior, I'd have never started today. RATS!
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA (PLSA II and Schwab)

Postby Harpo on Thu May 23, 2024 1:54 pm

For me I only have the power to reach only 1 par 5 on the two plsa courses this week. I just don't overswing and that is my problem. The top scores will shine on those holes. The new Valhalla takes away two reachable one's and more like that the pros play but takes away two holes to make up some miss shots on other holes. Hoping that the wind is with me on a couple to have a go for it. Colonial to me is a dull course. Don't think I have ever reached that second par 5 in two.

Ok, back at it.

Nice last week and the start of this week Echoes.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Echoes on Fri May 24, 2024 6:18 am

Thanks you sir.
Echoes

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri May 24, 2024 6:47 am

Harpo wrote:For me I only have the power to reach only 1 par 5 on the two plsa courses this week. I just don't overswing and that is my problem. The top scores will shine on those holes. The new Valhalla takes away two reachable one's and more like that the pros play but takes away two holes to make up some miss shots on other holes. Hoping that the wind is with me on a couple to have a go for it. Colonial to me is a dull course. Don't think I have ever reached that second par 5 in two.

Ok, back at it.

Nice last week and the start of this week Echoes.

With you re Colonial. Not helped as I was hurrying through the last round going well and the thing froze while i was on the 15th T
So annoying
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Fri May 24, 2024 4:08 pm

I really like Colonial... regardless of how I play. I like shaping the ball and not hitting driver all the time.

I wish I had a record of my over/under on par 5s when I lay up and when I go for the green in 2. Seems like the latter is often a curse (bad bunker lie, water, deep stuff chip, etc). Where if you can get 100-60 in the fairway for your third if you lay up?
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Fri May 24, 2024 7:55 pm

GoesForIt wrote:I really like Colonial... regardless of how I play. I like shaping the ball and not hitting driver all the time.

I wish I had a record of my over/under on par 5s when I lay up and when I go for the green in 2. Seems like the latter is often a curse (bad bunker lie, water, deep stuff chip, etc). Where if you can get 100-60 in the fairway for your third if you lay up?

In my first 3 rds, I've laid up all 6 times and birdied them 6 times. I didn't in one of my pro rounds on the back nine and took a 10 for it. Got in back of some trees, in the sand and just shook my head when I finished. C/C is a whole different mind set for me. I made some bad putts in round 3 that just kept on rolling by down to the fringe. Going to have to be careful again in that last round. Those greens with M/F conditions can get you.
Jim
Harpo

Postby albatros on Sat May 25, 2024 10:22 am

but then the moniker should read: not going for it ... :mrgreen:

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat May 25, 2024 10:15 pm

Had a feeling I would get angry playing c/c on this course. Started with a bang as I nailed 2 shots to the par 5 and then slam dunked from 80+ yards for eagle. Woohoo 3 snaps in a row and a lucky start like that. Like in the pro round I had another freeze on a T shot so had to reboot but I didnt get the auto two shot penalty but its annoying and I didnt hit a snap for the next 6 holes.

So frustrating. and it took a chip with a missed snap to get the next birdie. Got a couple right and then ended up playing a chip shot from a greenside bunker. I've never played a chip shot from sand ( does anybody!!) so thats another bogey.

Decent finish to salvage a score but I'm sure there's plenty more frustration to come. :lol: :lol:

round 2 played much better apart from the putter. Has anyone else found some putts just didn't seem to break as expected? Must be just me. 5 pars in a row at the end is no way to end a promising round.
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Mon May 27, 2024 12:27 pm

Well, maybe I should reboot prior to starting every round on my Links computer. After the error message/crash on the 1st hole, I couldn't miss the snap in Round #4. All 14 FIR.

But the excitement was short lived after I played the handicap event on the DP World Tour.

Did have a really nice Eagle on #6 in Round #4
Attachments
Eagle6Colonial-2024-05-27.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 84 times
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It