Important philosphical question

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: Bruce Bo, DavidCass

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:24 am

MasterMontgomery wrote:Mercy Roy:
I did not think you knew what a miss snap was.

Doug
:lol: :D

You haven't seen me play much obviously :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi
 
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 am
Location: England

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:52 am

Ben Jammin wrote:Now that this has been settled :) .. which makes you feel worse, misread+snap miss or good read+missnap miss? Asking for a friend.

Tell your "friend" to stay cool.
As many snaps as I miss, it shouldn't bother me so much, but I do despise a missed snap more than a misread. I'm more amazed than I am bothered by how many misread breaking putts I miss on the low side.
rwoodworkr
 
Posts: 4385
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:28 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:You haven't seen me play much obviously :lol: :lol:


am hoping the Poms play well in our backyard this summer Roy !
make a good contest of it ...... :P

ahhhhh yes............. ASHES to ASHES, dust to dust :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFy703E6PsE
.
https://webcamsydney.com/
.
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2021 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
.
JackRussellTerror
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Location: Central Coast, NSW Australia

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 am

I agree. Hoping for a very competitive tight series. For that we need our top 3 to get runs.
RoyHiggi
 
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 am
Location: England

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:I agree. Hoping for a very competitive tight series. For that we need our top 3 to get runs.


yes good luck cousins :wink: .........Steve Smith waits :D
trusting your Barmy Army is in full cry 8)
JackRussellTerror
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Location: Central Coast, NSW Australia

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:34 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:I agree. Hoping for a very competitive tight series. For that we need our top 3 to get runs.


yes good luck cousins :wink: .........Steve Smith waits :D
trusting your Barmy Army is in full cry 8)

Will England fans be allowed into Australia?
RoyHiggi
 
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 am
Location: England

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:24 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:Will England fans be allowed into Australia?


NOPE i don't think so Roy......
not even the partners and family members of the English Tour Team are allowed in !

interesting read and comments by Kevin Pieterson :o
https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/england-legend-draws-line-in-the-sand-over-ashes-quarantine-fiasco/news-story/e76e77f7f9b75778fc71d4416a4d1d33

:)
JackRussellTerror
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Location: Central Coast, NSW Australia

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:49 am

JackRussellTerror wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:Will England fans be allowed into Australia?


NOPE i don't think so Roy......
not even the partners and family members of the English Tour Team are allowed in !

interesting read and comments by Kevin Pieterson :o
https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/england-legend-draws-line-in-the-sand-over-ashes-quarantine-fiasco/news-story/e76e77f7f9b75778fc71d4416a4d1d33

:)

I thought the family/partners were going to be allowed in as other wise the tour wasn't going ahead. Special arrangements agreed and they would stay in a resort somewhere.
RoyHiggi
 
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 am
Location: England

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby ilesquire on Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:54 am

From ABC news 9/10/21

"Cricket Australia has recently promised the ECB that the players would undergo a two-week quarantine in a resort on the Gold Coast with the ability to train and move around.

Family members who wanted to join the tourists could quarantine with the players.

Other players and families who may arrive later have been promised the ability to quarantine in a similar way."

Seems Roy is correct.....
ilesquire
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:07 am

very good ilesquire ......
i stand corrected Roy !
apparantly only partners and family members.
JackRussellTerror
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Location: Central Coast, NSW Australia

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:25 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
MasterMontgomery wrote:Mercy Roy:
I did not think you knew what a miss snap was.

Doug
:lol: :D

You haven't seen me play much obviously :lol: :lol:


You should have caddied for me today. Managed the snap about 1 in every 3 attempts and was basically clueless. And even worse I didnt get lucky :lol: :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi
 
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 am
Location: England

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby MasterMontgomery on Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Not sure that i can help much on the snap. Its a strange thing.
At times almost automatic, then where did that come from.
I have often wondered if its me or the pc. Im still not sure but i guess the
blame goes to me.
Roy your snap is usually very good. But, you have other weapons to recover. Great
putter an chipper as i recall. Bad snaps are ok if the come at the right time, but
they seem to choose the wrong times.

Doug :)
What an Art
MasterMontgomery
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Eaton Ohio

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:38 pm

MasterMontgomery wrote:Not sure that i can help much on the snap. Its a strange thing.
At times almost automatic, then where did that come from.
I have often wondered if its me or the pc. Im still not sure but i guess the
blame goes to me.
Roy your snap is usually very good. But, you have other weapons to recover. Great
putter an chipper as i recall. Bad snaps are ok if the come at the right time, but
they seem to choose the wrong times.

Doug :)

Putting and chipping is pretty good but it's the luck bit that can be essential. We all know that a miss snap on pro doesnt always affect where the ball goes. Probably 50% of the time a slight miss snap might go exactly where yoy aimed.
Its getting those "straight miss snaps" at the right times which can make scores and rounds. Finding the ball go offline for the minor miss snap is where it can hurt. Thats what what was happening to me the other day.I wasnt getting the luck when I needed it.

Boohoo poor me I know but it still makes me want to bang the mouse on the wall when it happens :lol: Strangely when I have the same miss snap on elite mode and the ball goes 20 yards wide it doesn't bother me much ( unless it goes into water) as that's what happens in golf.
RoyHiggi
 
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 am
Location: England

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby AJMatthews on Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:29 am

If you are unhappy with a putt that goes in you are too good to be in my group. Same goes for the guys that are unhappy with pars.
AJMatthews
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: Bristow, VA

Re: Important philosphical question

Postby albatros on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:09 am

the mouse i had used for ages finally started to have so much flatulence that i ran out of gas-x to give it, it was a a simple microsoft plane jane model. after trying two or three and having the snap just a hair late as opposed to my usual hair early, i went back to a plane jane microsoft and voila things seem to be as they used to. it is interesting that such a small difference can make a big difference in confidence and enjoyment of the game ;}~


albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps.
albatros
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:06 am

Previous

Return to Talk About It

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests